Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Better rain/detailed rain effect

Hi guys, 

Sorry if it was asked already i couldn't find something specific on the detailed precipitation. The rain looks kinda bad like white lines. Is there any addon changing the detailed precipitation rain effect ? 

Thank you ! 

Roi Ben

PMDG mentioned a new rain/snow effect that will be introduced into their lineup.  It sounds kind of cool; they state you’ll actually see snow accumulations on the airframe.  Can’t wait...

Matt King

56 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

PMDG mentioned a new rain/snow effect that will be introduced into their lineup.  It sounds kind of cool; they state you’ll actually see snow accumulations on the airframe.  Can’t wait...

Thats kinda what Fslabs implemented to their A319 no ? 

Roi Ben

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

Thats kinda what Fslabs implemented to their A319 no ? 

Yes, but the "generic" rain in P3D is unaffected by the FSL A319 (and soon-to-be A320) windscreen effects. FSFXPackages does offer an alternative.

• Like 1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

14 hours ago, z06z33 said:

Yes i saw this one but it dosnt say anything about using the new P3DV4 rain/snow detailed precipitation. I think it still just replace the old snow/rain effects.

Roi Ben

8 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Yes i saw this one but it dosnt say anything about using the new P3DV4 rain/snow detailed precipitation. I think it still just replace the old snow/rain effects.

When using FSFX Packages Precipitation, make sure to untick Detailed Precipitation for rain and tick it again for snow.  The snow effects are amazing - although I'm not sure whether the snow is P3D default or FSPX created snow.

16 minutes ago, ErichB said:

When using FSFX Packages Precipitation, make sure to untick Detailed Precipitation for rain and tick it again for snow.  The snow effects are amazing - although I'm not sure whether the snow is P3D default or FSPX created snow.

Erich,

I am using FSFX Precipitation but don't have an option where I can select/unselect Detailed Precipitation. Can you give me a hint where in its options this can be found, please?

Thanks
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

4 minutes ago, hvw said:

Erich,

I am using FSFX Precipitation but don't have an option where I can select/unselect Detailed Precipitation. Can you give me a hint where in its options this can be found, please?

Thanks
Hans

Hans, it's your P3D Graphics settings tab.  Go to the  'Weather' option.  You'll find the tickbox there.  

Just now, ErichB said:

Hans, it's your P3D Graphics settings tab.  Go to the  'Weather' option.  You'll find the tickbox there.

Thanks, sorry for confusion caused :)

Hans

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)