Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

CTD when closing P3D v4.3

Hi, after updating P3D to v4.3, each time I close it after using the 747 it does not close normally but with a CTD. Is that "normal"? Thanks.

James Goggi

10 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Hi, after updating P3D to v4.3, each time I close it after using the 747 it does not close normally but with a CTD. Is that "normal"? Thanks.

No, but I'm not convinced it's something caused by us, else we'd be seeing reports of this all over the place.

What other applications are you running in a typical sim session? Consider those you may not think about, too (scenery helpers, like the FSDT add-on thing, etc).

Kyle Rodgers

Till now I have been doing some tests and loaded only P3D, no other applications. I have GSX, SODE, FS2Crew and Activesky (on networked computer), but I did not activate any of them, I just fired up P3D, selected the 747 and the airport, I did some visual checks from the VC and quit. As soon as I clicked on yes (confirm exit) I got the crash message. This happened each of the 3-4 times I loaded the 747, while did not happen with default or other airplanes. And it did not happen in v4.2.

James Goggi

9 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Till now I have been doing some tests and loaded only P3D, no other applications. I have GSX, SODE, FS2Crew and Activesky (on networked computer), but I did not activate any of them, I just fired up P3D, selected the 747 and the airport, I did some visual checks from the VC and quit. As soon as I clicked on yes (confirm exit) I got the crash message. This happened each of the 3-4 times I loaded the 747, while did not happen with default or other airplanes. And it did not happen in v4.2.

Right, I get that, but I'm currently 10 hours into an 11 hour flight in the 747 in 4.3. If it were a 747 problem, or a compatibility issue, you wouldn't be the only person reporting this, and this flight wouldn't still be going.

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe check your other addons for 4.3 compatibility updates. You might have missed some. Not sure about GSX/couatl but I think SODE had an update, active sky had (an) update(s), and if you have any after market anti virus, check that it recognizes 4.3 just like 4.2. 

there are a lot issues going on with 4.3, but quite certainly the 747 is not the culprit.

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

this flight wouldn't still be going

Sounds like his issue is happening when he is trying to exit P3D rather than something that's randomly happening mid-flight, so I'm not sure how this part is relevant.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

3 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Sounds like his issue is happening when he is trying to exit P3D rather than something that's randomly happening mid-flight, so I'm not sure how this part is relevant.

Forgot about that. True. Still. At the conclusion of all of these flights, I've had no issue.

Kyle Rodgers

I would say one of your add ons are not compatible so uninstall all and install one by one and test see which is the culprit and if that doesn’t work reinstall QOTS fresh.

Cheers.

Zdenek  Cebis

1 hour ago, Zdenek said:

reinstall QOTS fresh.

What for? >>most likely<< it‘s a scenery or tool, not an airplane causing this. There might be issues when addon airplanes try to save the panel state when leaving the sim but I am not aware of any issues with PMDG at that point. They had problems loading the 747 but this has been solved by LM. There are simply no compatibility complaints with pmdg at the moment (beside this VR thing), not even with any other addon airplane that I am aware of. 

38 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

What for? >>most likely<< it‘s a scenery or tool, not an airplane causing this. There might be issues when addon airplanes try to save the panel state when leaving the sim but I am not aware of any issues with PMDG at that point. They had problems loading the 747 but this has been solved by LM. There are simply no compatibility complaints with pmdg at the moment (beside this VR thing), not even with any other addon airplane that I am aware of. 

I didn’t say there was a problem with QOTS it’s just a piece of mind to reinstall from scratch because of the P3DV4.3 update that’s all.

Zdenek  Cebis

4 hours ago, Zdenek said:

I didn’t say there was a problem with QOTS it’s just a piece of mind to reinstall from scratch because of the P3DV4.3 update that’s all.

You know...a lot of people will push this as a way to solve things, and as someone who supports products, I rarely find it solves anything.

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

You know...a lot of people will push this as a way to solve things, and as someone who supports products, I rarely find it solves anything.

It’s just a thought that’s all.🤔

Zdenek  Cebis

2 hours ago, Zdenek said:

It’s just a thought that’s all.🤔

Kind of...sure, it's just a thought, but consider how people take advice from others without taking a moment. Uninstalls/reinstalls, at best (unless directed by someone who has experience supporting the product), simply waste time. At worst, can cause more issues.

It's the equivalent of someone saying "hey, I have a leaky faucet," and returning with "just build a new house." Yeah, that'll fix the faucet, and related to fixing that faucet, it was "helpful," but at what cost?

Kyle Rodgers

14 hours ago, davidzill said:

Been going on since last 4.2 update. I think it’s P3D related...

I don't think so Dave, there is not a single post in the LM P3D forum from someone with this problem.

Dan Downs KCRP