Sign in to follow this  
CAP320

P3D v4.3 DIXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Hello, 

I've been having a big issue since I updated to P3D v4.3. After being in the sim for a while a message comes up and says DIXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. What is causing this? I have uninstalled nvidia inspector and have updated all of my drivers via GeForce Experience. 

I have been having this issue as well for the past several weeks.  I am pretty sure it was one of the Nvidia driver updates that started causing it.  I had been using Nvidia Inspector to limit FPS but just deleted the P3D profile and need to test further but if you are still getting the error without Nvidia Inspector then that may not be a good sign.  Some of the posts I have seen have linked it to NI but may have to roll drivers back a few versions which I am holding off on for the moment. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Ok, hope that it's the latest driver update that's causing it then...

This is exactly the same problem as I get. And I have tried with both the latest and older Nvidia drivers. Still get DIXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED or dixgi_error_device_hung. 

Look at nvidia old driver like one of the beginning of april, i use one of them and hadn't problem with it

Frédéric Giraud

Hi guys,

Did a quick search and came up with this:

Might be worth a shot. 

Before you start, be sure to backup the registry in case you accidentally change something you shouldn’t. Browsing the system registry should always be done carefully, don’t rush!

If this doesn’t work just reverse the change to return the registry to its previous state.

Edit: May not be such a good idea after all:

http://developer.download.nvidia.com/NsightVisualStudio/2.2/Documentation/UserGuide/HTML/Content/Timeout_Detection_Recovery.htm

As always, such measures should only be taken while knowing, and accepting, any potential risks.

Regards,

Mike

I had this and reset NVI to the P3d Default and the problem went away. wasn't an issue for me not using NVI as I didn't notice any improvement.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Had it with the latest two versions of Nvidia driver. Rolled back to the one from March/April and all is good now. 

Eric 

hi all

just had this error again 

P3D v4.3 DIXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

i do not use nvi haven't for a long time now

tried going back to earlier versions of graphics drivers was still getting this problem

just installed latest version again going to try later

p3d 4.3

gtx 1070

qw 787-8

seems to be random when this appears ie 10mins 30 mins 1hr into flight

Edited by jstorey20
last post

jeff storey

Nvidia drivers or FSLabs Spotlight (if installed) can trigger this error. Similar things happened during transition from P3D 3.3.5 to 3.4 causing long frames. 

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Okay. I always get this, setting autogen draw distance to max. 

I could not understand since the GPU load in SLI was about 50/50%

Thanks Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Now after some testing I think it's NV inspector that causing my problem. Hope you can solve yours