Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

FSL 319 ground steering

I have a prooblem with the ground steering of my 319 with the rudder of the x52. When I finally get it to to work by pressing ctrl shift u it works sometimes at very slow speeds but once I accelerate at takeoff all steering is gone. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I do not have this problem with the fsl 320 or pmdgs just the 319.

Thanks so much

Bernd Jablonka

30 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

When I finally get it to to work by pressing ctrl shift u it works sometimes at very slow speeds but once I accelerate at takeoff all steering is gone.

I believe this is the way it is supposed to work.  If  you go above 40kts, the tiller is not effective and you need to steer with the rudder pedals and joystick.

I disable the tiller once I start rolling and there’s enough airspeed for the rudder to be effective.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thank you for your suggestions. Do you know by chance any hardware which immitates a tiller?

Best

Bernd Jablonka

Press ',' while steering, it'll go much faster as it impersonates the tiller operation. You can also make it sticky (like a toggle switch) if you wish to in the MCDU configuration section.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Do you have separate rudder pedals? I assign the steering tiller via FSUIPC to the the twist axis of the joystick and use that for tight turns. Gentle turns can be done via the rudder pedals. No need to press anything or assign any buttons. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

My rudder padels unfortunately gave up working, all I have left is the x52. I played with the "," as Nuno suggested and it seems to work, thanks so much. I am still waiting for a good throttle panel and yoke but it might take a while.

Best

Bernd Jablonka