Sign in to follow this  
dbrooke

X-Plane locks up

11 hours ago, dbrooke said:

I now have a different problem, MCE starts perfectly. But no other user plugin will appear in the list.  I have tried quite a few now. Better Pushback, XPUIPC, JAR ground handling for instance. MCE appears in the list. 

Suggest you stop adding plugins for now until this is understood.

I have JAR Ground Handling Deluxe, XPUIPC, DatarefEditor, therefore don't expect issue to be linked to these.

Which ones besides LM plugins and those mentioned above did you already put in?

Only XWeather and Ultra weather above the others I mentioned.   I think I will uninstall everything and start again, something is going wrong here.  And I can't see what. Does MCE require any runtimes?

Edited by dbrooke
Correction

WW4959.png

50 minutes ago, dbrooke said:

Only XWeather and Ultra weather above the others I mentioned.   I think I will uninstall everything and start again, something is going wrong here.  And I can't see what. Does MCE require any runtimes?

No, all MCE plugins (xpInsider64.xpl) and dlls in \X-Plane\MCE dlls\ folder are statically linked to the required VC++ libraries.

This means they are self sufficient, as they already include the code from those libraries (added at build time, when generating the files), unlike the dynamically linked ones, which rely on Windows to fetch that code at runtime, hence very dependent on installing those ad-hoc "Visual C++" runtime libraries properly..

That's why we don't have to install nor depend on any.

Very wise! I used to do a bit of programming, always avoided anything that required runtimes.  I am leaning toward the conclusion that the JAR A320 was to blame, looking at log.txt with my limited knowledge of decoding it, I have put a couple of common plugins in and all is OK so far.  

WW4959.png

I am getting a chime everytime MCE speaks, is there something to disable that? And thanks for your help.

WW4959.png