Sign in to follow this  
honanhal

QW787 current status?

Sorely tempted to pick this up, but wanted to check in with folks to see what kind of state it's in after the patch. Bugs mostly fixed? Worth getting? Any showstoppers left?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

James

Fantastic for me! No issues at all. Perfect plane 🙂

Just remember they are not PMDG/FSLabs and are NOT trying to be PMDG/FSLabs. Then you will be happy and satisfied 😄 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pretty solid IMHO. Very enjoyable and nothing I would personally describe as a show-stopper. My ownly minor peeve is the cockpit lighting. Not exactly state of the art.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Great plane, just missing that multi crew experience, but FS2CREW will be working on it.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Works well for me. As mentioned, it is not a PMDG aircraft, but it doesn't have a PMDG price.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I'd say it's a pretty good aircraft. I still have random CTDs at times, but I feel pretty confident it will be fixed.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Thanks, all! Sounds like it's pretty good now, although SKEWR's report of random CTDs gives me some pause. I'll probably go ahead and pull the trigger this weekend.

James

Just fly with weather radar off.  That fixed the CTD's for me.  Hoping they fix that soon, but I do love this aircraft.

Darcy

11 minutes ago, Darcy said:

Just fly with weather radar off.  That fixed the CTD's for me.  Hoping they fix that soon, but I do love this aircraft.

I bought it, fired it up once to learn the cockpit and once for a delivery flight BFI-DEN and uninstalled it. LNAV/VNAV  started freaking out on me about 5 minutes into cruise and finally CTD'ed. Also, prior to uninstalling, all of my other add-on airplanes were banking all the way to the left as if the QW installation hosed something up, uninstalled and the issue went away.

I haven't actually tried this plane without the weather radar, I may if I have the time to do it, but I do refuse to be a part of another alpha or beta tester for yet again another developer who did a sh***y job testing their own product. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

7 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I bought it, fired it up once to learn the cockpit and once for a delivery flight BFI-DEN and uninstalled it. LNAV/VNAV  started freaking out on me about 5 minutes into cruise and finally CTD'ed. Also, prior to uninstalling, all of my other add-on airplanes were banking all the way to the left as if the QW installation hosed something up, uninstalled and the issue went away.

I haven't actually tried this plane without the weather radar, I may if I have the time to do it, but I do refuse to be a part of another alpha or beta tester for yet again another developer who did a sh***y job testing their own product. 

Um, that doesn't sound good at all.

James

12 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Yikes, I thought that the VNAV was still not fixed, thanks for confirmation. Random CTD are a definite show stopper. Especially when you consider this plane is used for long haul type flying. I do my stuff in real time and not about to throw 10 hours out the window if one of these random CTD crop up. Will wait for more polish to be applied. 

Eric 

It's stable for me (even with the WX radar) but there are some bugs although nothing that makes it un-flyable.

I requested an update on an update on their forums and it appears to have been removed.  What I'm most curious about is what type of improvements/bug fixes they are working on.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Coming from the PMDG NGX, I think it's a good model, if you are willing to cut it a little slack (meaning, don't expect PMDG quality, and save the flight every once in a while in case there is a CTD).  MOST of my flights can be successfully completed without the CTD's or other issues (still having an issue with VNAV at TOC, but I just deal with it)

I personally love the 787 IRL, and there is no other option for P3D, so I don't get too frustrated when I have to deal with these issues.  

I REALLY love the jump ahead feature.  You can literally configure, take off, climb, and descend/land all within an hour ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.  I love PMDG, but that is one feature that QW has that I really wish the NGX has.  Honestly, probably the single feature that's stopped me from going back to the NGX since the purchase.  Plus the crew sounds are really nice

I say go for it, but be a little forgiving if something doesn't go right.  It is a new product but an amazing aircraft with some really good features

• Upvote 1

It’s still whacky when it comes to LNAV and VNAV for me, which kind of ruins the show. Much of it is spot on but I almost wish I could give it to PMDG to finish off the fiddly bits. *runs and hides*

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com