Sign in to follow this  
honanhal

QW787 current status?

I have never had a CTD or any LNAV issues with the 787. The aircraft works perfectly fine for me. I'd say you're safe to give her a go. 

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

3 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

I have never had a CTD or any LNAV issues with the 787. The aircraft works perfectly fine for me. I'd say you're safe to give her a go. 

Never had LNAV issues? I find that hard to believe...I experience issues on almost every curve. I think that you are just not paying attention.

The aircraft has potential, though.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

25 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Never had LNAV issues? I find that hard to believe...I experience issues on almost every curve. I think that you are just not paying attention.

I think with an ill-though out comment like that, this thread is heading for closure. Which would be a shame for those who are following it... 

58 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

To be fair, the QW787 tends to over shoot the tracking while on LNAV causing the airplane to over compensate and try to get back onto the route.  However, at least for me, that seemed to be smoothed out with the last update.  Still not perfect, but you can see that QW is very well aware of the issue and continuously working on a fix. 

As for VNAV, I don't recall having an issue with it and I believe some folks were having issues with the plane not descending at TOD.  I never experienced that.  

Lastly, the weather radar issues, I've personally never experienced any issues using it and I've used it from inception.  Never experienced any CTD's with the aircraft as well.  

What I'm trying to get at, everyone seems to have very different experiences with the aircraft with regards to stability.  IMHO, it speaks to how well your system is optimized, maintained and updated.  This hobby of ours tends to unmask hidden issues with systems that other pieces of software or games tends to just overlook because it's so resource heavy.

There are multiple Twitch and YouTube videos of folks using this plane without any issues.  That alone should help anyone trying to make a decision on whether to purchase this aircraft or not. 

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I can't say that I have done a ton of flying in it, but I haven't had any CTD's with weather radar in the updated version. It is probably something system specific that is causing it. As mentioned, it is substantially cheaper than a PMDG product, so I am sure there are trade offs made. I have always liked QW's cabin announcements. For me, I just wish weight and balance were easier to deal with - RTFM on my part would probably help with this. FWIW, I was flying the NGX mostly before I got the 787. I needed a long range aircraft, but I didn't feel like rebuying the 777 at $135 considering most of my flights are less than 2,000nm.

Edited by duckbilled

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

My major complaint with the QW787 is the lighting quality of the displays.  I find that they are so bright to be unusable in the VC mode and only decent in the 2D mode.  Changing settings does not make them work well for me including disabling many advanced graphics setting used in P3D versus FSX.  They need major work IMHO.  I tried using the HUD for my flying to get around this problem since the HUD is normally used in 787 OPS but it is a bit jumpy and hard to use for landing guidance.  Not sure how to fix that as it exists even on autoland but I much prefer to land myself.

As a result of the VC lighting, I find this a/c stays in my hanger which is too bad and I love many of the features.

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

I think with an ill-though out comment like that, this thread is heading for closure. Which would be a shame for those who are following it... 

Why? Can`t we criticize products here anymore? It is a fact that the aircraft has LNAV problems. Even the developer`s have recognized that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

For me, I just wish weight and balance were easier to deal with - RTFM on my part would probably help with this.

It’s not just you, I don’t think a lot of us like their weight and balance system.  In fact it was brought up during the FSELITE interview at the Flightsim Expo in Vegas.  You can find the interview on YouTube.  I’m on my phone or I would post the link.  QW really seemed keen on hearing users feedback on the aircraft.  Definitely shows their intent on listening and applying what they’ve learned from the feedback they receive.

Added the link to the QW interview with FSELITE:  https://fselite.net/originals/flight-sim/flight-sim-expo-2018-qualitywings-interview/

Edited by DylanC
  • Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

11 minutes ago, diajohn said:

My major complaint with the QW787 is the lighting quality of the displays.  I find that they are so bright to be unusable in the VC mode and only decent in the 2D mode.  Changing settings does not make them work well for me including disabling many advanced graphics setting used in P3D versus FSX.  They need major work IMHO.  I tried using the HUD for my flying to get around this problem since the HUD is normally used in 787 OPS but it is a bit jumpy and hard to use for landing guidance.  Not sure how to fix that as it exists even on autoland but I much prefer to land myself.

As a result of the VC lighting, I find this a/c stays in my hanger which is too bad and I love many of the features.

I thought this was proved not to be an inherent issue with the aircraft, but with users set ups.  I may be wrong, but thought I saw that on their forums.  I know I’ve never had these issues.  Again goes back to my previous comment.  Everyone’s experience is different.

Dylan Charles

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

2 hours ago, garydpoole said:

22 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Why? Can`t we criticize products here anymore? It is a fact that the aircraft has LNAV problems. Even the developer`s have recognized that.

You didn't criticize any product, you only critcized me. I agree with gardpoole on this one. Your comment has no contribution to this thread other than not believing my results and telling me I don't pay attention. We don't really know how many people bought the 787 do we, maybe a thousand.. two thousand... how many people complained of bugs.. a hundred? I find that pretty good odds. Most of the time the people who are most happy and content with a product are not the most vocal in the forums.

Look, I have not had any problems with this 787, I've flown entire flights with the WX radar on, not one crash. I've never had to correct a route or overshot anything LNAV related. You don't have to believe me thats fine but I'm just trying to tell the original poster of this thread that I've had great results with this aircraft.

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Well, I don’t know what to believe. I guess the takeaway is if I buy it it may be fine, or it may have all kinds of problems (PWJTD8D even likes the plane and he’s giving that a 5-10% chance!).

Uh, that’s...not great?

Anyway, thanks all the same for all the feedback, guys. I’m as unsure as ever but at least I have more data!

James

I have 5 days left on my refund window, and I'm honestly considering it.  The combination of little and significant issues adding up that just aren't making the aircraft feel "right" for me.

Edited by CaptKornDog
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

3 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

I have 5 days left on my refund window, and I'm honestly considering it.  The combination of little and significant issues adding up that just aren't making the aircraft feel "right" for me.

Hey Kyle,

I'd saddened that you can't seem to get your issues worked out as I know you want to enjoy this plane as much as anyone, but of course your return option with Flight1 is probably the best thing in our simming world when we're confronted with software that just won't work properly on our machine.

With that said....I think EVERY person in this thread who's "on the fence" as to a purchase of this plane should be reminded once again that since this is a Flight1 vendored product...you have 30 days to try it yourself to see if its either going to work on your machine to your satisfaction or not. 😉  

In fact I did exactly that when the FSX version of the 787 came out...because I was curious to how she would work in FSX, even though I had long since moved on to P3D.  I returned it after 20 or so days....and repurchased the P3d version when it released as I knew I'd already "test drove" her in FSX and liked what I saw.

I've been in the "works almost flawlessly" camp since I purchased it, never had a CTD, aware of the issues where it overshoots a tad on turns, never experienced TOD or major VNAV issues (although I usually manage my own descents). 

I know this product is going to get better over time.  I basically hung out with the QW crew at the Vegas conference as their booth was next to the one I was manning for FSReborn.  I found them to be a great bunch of guys and really just crazy simmers like all of us who decided to pool their collective talent and build our community the best 787 to date.  They want this product to be great as much as we do, and I feel all they need is time and support to keep improving the product.

I hope that if they can get all the issues others are having ironed out and fixed, and I really hope you (Kyle) will continue to monitor the news about the aircraft... and if you see they've resolved the issues that are causing you to consider your return, you'll repurchase it and try it again.  I know Flight1 is very understanding about their refund policy and a simple explanation goes a long way to ensure you'll never have a problem returning and then repurchasing a product. (especially folks who have an established purchase history with them).

I've already painted a few 787s and the paintkit is absolutely excellent, the texture mapping decisions alone were reason enough for me to want to paint it, hehe.  I know Corey is a painter himself, and as President and CEO of the company, I suspect he had some influence on how the modeler mapped the textures. 😁

Anyway it flies even better for me in 4.3, and not sure if its a placebo effect, but I think it actually looks better too.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hello:

Thought I'd share this from the QW forum.

"There is constant work being done. As of right now, the only official planned update is the PIP or product improvement package. This will include the -10, as well as bug fixes. 

However, be on the look out for any hot fixes if we determine it necessary."

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home