Sign in to follow this  
honanhal

QW787 current status?

On 7/11/2018 at 12:00 AM, JasonPC said:

I had a bug the other day where my throttles were stuck at TOGA position after takeoff no matter what. I went up like a rocket ship. Who says the age of supersonic travel is dead?

I've seen other people report the bug. I've never had this one happen before until 4.3.

I'm seeing this quite frequently, this is extremely annoying!

Every other addon plane I used deals fine with my physical throttle levers and the way I managed them for takeoff (except for the A320 when using Flex Takeoff), which is stabilizing thrust about 40% N1, pressing TO/GA and then without delay advancing the physical throttles all the way to the front. But frequently the 787 will just firewall it.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 7/10/2018 at 11:15 PM, LEdwards said:

No, throttles reduce to idle if needed and increase/decrease to maintain correct rate of descent and speed.

Mine does frequently keep high N1 values. No, it should not increase thrust during VNAV on descent, unless it's VNAV PTH and you're low on profile.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

https://www.instagram.com/787guide/p/Bgg814vBc7P/

The 787 uses an "off-idle" descent method when calculating VNAV PATH. This is unusual for most pilots who are used to a true idle descent.  This in theory should lower the need for increased drag during descent and from what I have seen in many cockpit videos of the 787, the speed brake is rarely used. 

Unfortunately, it seems that VNAV was an after-thought for QW as I am always using the speed brakes on descent. Thier VNAV is definitely better now than on initial release, but it still has a long way to go. 

I think the problem is from using the TOGA function mapped to a joystick button. I thought this was supposed to be fixed but who knows.

I am using the click spot for now which seems to work.