Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Carenado 390 Premier IA

Hi. I've bought this aircraft without looking up to see if there is any help on YouTube with it. I can find videos, but it's like they're silent, no instructor. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Look no further than Premier 1 Driver

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG4IsPelLNPJZrL7sqZmBPQ

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks, but do you reckon that will help? I've never used a video of a real life jet in Prepar3d. 

Thanks, Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Are you looking for info on the avionics, or just basic get-it-started stuff?

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

1 hour ago, b1bmsgt said:

Are you looking for info on the avionics, or just basic get-it-started stuff?

I'm looking for the basic stuff for the moment. I find it easier to listen to someone talk through a startup. I've found videos, but none of them talk through what they're doing. 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

2 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Here's a bunch for you

Yeah, I saw the bottom two, but the person doesn't tell you what buttons he's pressing and why. It's almost like he's talking to people that know that aircraft. I'll take another look though. The first one looks good as well - I hadn't seen that one at all, and it looks good, so I'll try it out. 

Thanks for those - Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Page 8 of the Normal Procedures manual pretty much covers it as well. The Premier is quite simple, actually, compared to some.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

41 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Page 8 of the Normal Procedures manual 

I hate following manuals, but I'll give it a go if the top video doesn't work. Thanks for that - I will take a look. 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Believe it or not, one of the videos has taken me quite a long way, except for the starting of the engines. When I click the left yellow switch on (they seem to be called 'Button Starter' switches), wait a few seconds, then you can hear what sounds like an engine trying to start. You can see the N2 value going up a little, but nothing else - see it here.

After a second or two, the sound suddenly stops and you can hear it sound as though it is trying again. When I push the left throttle on, it makes no difference.

Given one of the good videos, I have made my own checklist of things to do from the video.  The checklist is very short, and can be found here. I'd appreciate it if anyone could take a look to see if there is something I should be doing but is not on the list.

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

I actually think it may have something to do with oil pressure.  See here, but I don't know where to change that in the cockpit.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Put throttles in cutoff.  Turn on ignition switch and ECT switch (in front of yellow start buttons).  At about 12% n2 put throttle in idle.  Should light off ok.  Repeat to start other engine.  Hope this helps.

Jim

28 minutes ago, planenut said:

Put throttles in cutoff.  Turn on ignition switch and ECT switch (in front of yellow start buttons).  At about 12% n2 put throttle in idle.  Should light off ok.  Repeat to start other engine.  Hope this helps.

Jim

Sorry, but that was essentially what I was trying, and I've tried it again but it doesn't work. When I do it, the N1 goes to 5, but then the starting sound stops, and it sounds as though its going to try again and again. The two LOW OIL PRESS lights are on for the R engine -  however, one of them goes out when I try to start the engine, as though the oil pressure there has succeeded, but not totally.

Gaz on Facebook

Hey Gary,

What kind of throttle setup do you have?  The reason I ask is because I use two Saitek throttle quadrants and if I don't put the mixtures to full rich I get about the same problem that you are experiencing.  I know that jets don't use mixture controls but none of my jets will start if the mixtures are not in full rich.  Just a thought.

Jim

Thanks Jim

I think you're talking above me here. I use a Logitech joystick with a throttle leaver, and that is at idle.

Does that help? Gaz

Gaz on Facebook