Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

A question for FSL Fan Club

3 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

You must be blind, it's 32

17 here Avsim, but of course you didn´t see...

Hamilton Müller

22 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

I've had a number of CTDs, all of them tied to trying out the latest nvidia drivers. Rolling back has always cured the issue for me. 391.24 is the version I'm currently using that gives me a crash-free experience. Anything newer than that results in a CTD, sometimes right away, other times after about an hour.

Walter,

What is your video card?

Late to the party but  I'll add my 2 cents.

Very very rarely have I had a CTD with P3D, I started with 3.4 and now am on 4.3.

I previously had a GTX 760 and got a handful of  device_hung error when cranking my settings too far right.

I now have a new pc with a 1080 Ti and never had an issue with  it. I'm always using the latest drivers since its recommended by LM.

My addons are Orbx global, europe LC and vector.  ASP4, SODE, FSUIPC, and a few airports.

FSL have a very high quality software, on  par with PMDG if you ask me.

I've had a number of CTDs, all of them tied to trying out the latest nvidia drivers

Let this be a lesson to people......if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, hmuller said:

17 here Avsim, but of course you didn´t see...

"That's Nice"

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

6 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Walter,

What is your video card?

It's an EVGA 1080ti.

Walter Meier

I have an old system and with the latest Nvidia drivers I have a CTD (DXGI error to be more precise) every flight (can't even take off actually).
FSlabs support told me to use an older Nvidia driver, and I end up with 376.33. No CTDs on the A320/19 so far with this one.

Mauricio Brentano

10 hours ago, tooting said:

never had a ctd with the fsl 320 in v4. not once ever.

I can't remember having any CTDs with the FSL A320 either.  Seems to be very solid software.

I had a sound issue with it a long time ago, but that went away.  It might have been fixed with P3D upgrades.

11 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Could you please provide a honest answer whether you have zero CTD's or occasional CTDs

I'm not sure why someone would provide a dis-honest answer, but I don't have any CTDs with either the A319 or A320 from FSL.  The only issue I have is with the missing window tint around the lower front part of the VC windows ... suggested this is an LM issue with a pending fix.

I did have CTDs when I had multiple audio devices installed (specifically the nVidia HDMI audio drivers) ... but that was prior to latest .261 version of FSL.  Solution prior to updating to .261 was to disable my additional audio devices not being used.

You might also want to check the sounds options provided by FSL.

Cheers, Rob.

Spent the entire Friday night trying to settle things with FSL. Did not reinstall the sim, just reinstalled fresh NV drivers with DDU, correctly set NVI and most importantly I set Norton AV by excluding not only specific folders and sub-folders, but specific files as well, such as FSDT modules, SODE modules etc. The result? - I have been able to complete 2 flights so far with no crashes at all. The goal for today is to complete another two and maybe I'll get myself A319.

The moral of the story - perhaps I should get rid of AV completely, as this PC is dedicated for FS purposes only with no personal data on it. 

If you are using Windows 10, just use the built in Defender. That's what I use and I've never had a problem with it or any conflicts.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

If you are using Windows 10, just use the built in Defender. That's what I use and I've never had a problem with it or any conflicts.

Windows Defender works great, but FYI I did in fact still have issues installing the FSL A320 with it enabled. Seems like pretty much any antivirus has to be disabled to be guaranteed not to have issues.

James

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

The moral of the story - perhaps I should get rid of AV completely, as this PC is dedicated for FS purposes only with no personal data on it. 

Same here, after months it was the only way to install and run FSLabs on my machine (P3Dv4), completely shutdown W Defender and getting rid of AV .

Hamilton Müller

On 7/7/2018 at 8:46 AM, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm not sure why someone would provide a dis-honest answer, but I don't have any CTDs with either the A319 or A320 from FSL.  The only issue I have is with the missing window tint around the lower front part of the VC windows ... suggested this is an LM issue with a pending fix.

I did have CTDs when I had multiple audio devices installed (specifically the nVidia HDMI audio drivers) ... but that was prior to latest .261 version of FSL.  Solution prior to updating to .261 was to disable my additional audio devices not being used.

You might also want to check the sounds options provided by FSL.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, 

There is a temporary workaround posted n the Fslabs forums for this issue. Believe if you go into the camera cfg and change any instance of ClipMode=None to ClipMode=Minimum it solves the issue, at least it has for me. 

4 hours ago, murry94 said:

Believe if you go into the camera cfg and change any instance of ClipMode=None to ClipMode=Minimum it solves

Thanks, I'll try that out ... did you suffer any texture flickering (z-fighting) when you changed to ClipMode=Minimum?

Cheers, Rob.