Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Seems P3dv4..2 and 3 doesn't Shut Down

I noticed in at least 4.2 and 4.3...that it's not shutting down...Reason I know is when I boot up to latest windows 10 that the start up screen  for P3dv4.3 comes up automatically and chase plane and stb data and UTLive all start there rounds.

Anyone else have this issue? I always give it time before shutting down.the computer. Who wants to run the task manager everytime to make sure something is not running before finally getting to the shut down button..what a drag 😦

Thanks for any helpful advice.

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

I have the exact same issue.

Last night I closed P3D and waited a couple of minutes before shutting off the computer. That helped.

I haven't checked, but it seems like the process continues to run in the background for a while...

Head into Windows' power options, click the "Choose what the power buttons do", click the "Change settings that are currently unavailable" and then untick "Turn on fast start-up". Microsoft just had a brainfart when they decided people wanted that on by default, restoring applications that weren't shut down when you boot back up. With the above option unticked, it should work as Windows always has.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I have "Turn on fast start-up" unticked, so that didn't do it for me... But It might have something to do with the file Windows creates. It wasn't that long ago that I diabled it.

I haven't really looked any further into it as it normally isn't a problem. Usually I don't power off the computer immediately after closing P3D... 

Will try and see what happens...will monitor here to see if any other suggestions. Thanks  RocketDuck!!

BobM.

Bob M

You're welcome 🙂

If it works, please let us know, because then I have a different problem... Or maybe my computer are just getting so old that it can't even close P3D with a decent framerate....

21 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Head into Windows' power options, click the "Choose what the power buttons do", click the "Change settings that are currently unavailable" and then untick "Turn on fast start-up". Microsoft just had a brainfart when they decided people wanted that on by default, restoring applications that weren't shut down when you boot back up. With the above option unticked, it should work as Windows always has.

what I used for now...see how it does 🛩️

BobM.

Bob M

P3D takes a minute or two to shut down in my experience. Really nothing you can do about it for as far as I know. So, taking into account the title of this thread: No, P3D is shutting down, you're just not giving it enough time before you shutdown the computer.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I gave up on even using the close program button. I just go right for process explorer and close it that way. Very few things work right on this sim as far as I can tell. I spend 1-6 hours or even more daily just trying to fix things to make a flight. Things work one day, I change absolutely nothing, and the next day, something new is broken. Hoping MSFS 2020 is better but I am not getting my hopes up.

I suffer the identical problem of P3D not shutting down, and then automatically restarting itself whenever I power on the computer and boot up Windows 10. P3D is NOT in my automatic start-up items.

Since I can't depend on P3D to shut itself down reliably, I always go to the Task Manager and manually shut down P3D myself. Then, when I power on my computer and boot up again, P3D won't automatically start itself.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

David that is a bad technique as if you had made any changes to  the P3D settings they may not be correctly saved and then cause a CTD or other problems ,..

Jorge

• Like 1

Those of you terminating P3D via Task Manager need to sort out your PCs as the problem lies there and not with P3D. In any case this topic was created 15 months ago for an earlier build. I’ve never had a problem closing down P3D although I accept it does take a while to shut down.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have a Task Manger pined to start and after shutting down I check that it`s shut, as you can sometime cause a problem by restarting P3D if it`s not fully shut down. also other programmes you may have it will shut down on it`s own.

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg