Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

Removing the White light sensor Box P3Dv4.3

Hi All,

I have everything finally setup nicely in P3DV4.3 with all the 3rd party addons installed and working well.

Now I’m up to the white box problem yet to be solved for the PMDG/FSL Aircraft.

Two solutions so far are: (thanks to the good folks here in Avsim)

1- setting 2D panels to 100% transparency

2- undocking the white light sensor before entering VR mode

For me the 100% transparency option is certainly the easiest but I loose the ability to use FS2crew pop ups.

Can someone tell me how to undock the white box before entering VR?

Do I need to resize the window in the aircraft panel CFG so as to see the window in non VR then just drag it out to the desktop?

Thanks

IM

You can drag the window around in VR by holding the shift key and then left clicking and dragging. It is a little finicky because it doesn't always drag but keep clicking and dragging different spots of the white box and it should eventually move. Before I figured out the transparency thing, I actually moved it way up so it was out of the view unless I was looking up at the overhead panel.

Before entering VR, just right click on the box and choose undock. Outside VR the window is a tiny little box in the upper left corner of the screen. No need to resize or move. Just right click and undock.

here's the fix for the white box.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS