Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

DHC-3T Turbo Otter Released!

Just picked it up with the discount!! Can’t wait to give her a go!!!

1 hour ago, wizzards said:

How about the King Air?

LNAV and VNAV are the last major pieces of that puzzle.  We are, otherwise, in a great state...  Manual writing should begin soon...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

How's the engine dynamics and the PT6 simulated? Milviz says on their website that they have managed to simulate the PT6 engine "according to the book". If that is true, then I will purchase this right away.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Just now, JanReidar said:

How's the engine dynamics and the PT6 simulated? Milviz says on their website that they have managed to simulate the PT6 engine "according to the book". If that is true, then I will purchase this right away.

Jan,

I think the PT6A-34 simulation is excellent. a lot of work went into it. In the spirit of full disclosure, I did beta test the aircraft. I am very impressed with the smooth throttle response and start up sequence.

Greg

• Like 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Jan,

I think the PT6A-34 simulation is excellent. a lot of work went into it. In the spirit of full disclosure, I did beta test the aircraft. I am very impressed with the smooth throttle response and start up sequence.

Greg

Ok, sounds very interesting. Do you have any real life experience in aircraft with the PT6? Are Milviz using external engine simulation like Majestic in this product, do you know? Hope they make a Twin Otter soon, with custom engine physics. The Aerosoft one is good, but it suffers badly from the default turboprop flaws and friction bug as well.

I tried their C310R at my friends house a few weeks ago. While the plane itself was well made, it still suffered badly from the leaning bug in P3D. Don't remember about the MP/RPM bug.

Edited by JanReidar
  • Like 1

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

the engine system is completely out of sim... and it's using the KA tech.  So it's exactly like the real deal.

I do not remember seeing anyone posting about a leaning bug in the 310 forums. I'm pretty sure this "bug" as you say, doesn't exist but hey... your friend is free to get on the support forums and ask for help.

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks for the reply Milviz! Greatly appreciated. I will head over to my friends house and see if I can get some hands on flying on the 310R since I don't own this myself and come back with more details. My friend is not a real pilot, so he's got no clue what I'm talking about. But this bug is an old FSX legacy bug, and there's nothing you can do to fix it unless you use your own external engine simulation like A2A, or if LM decides to fix it. Here is a more in detail description of the problem, explained way better than I can: https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6317&t=129867
This can only be overcome if you use external engine simulation as far as I know. This is a deal breaker for me, being a real pilot. And the reason I only fly A2A airplanes with everything accusim outside of P3D.

As for the MP/RPM bug: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9581

Both these bugs are also the only reason I don't fly anything other than A2A for GA airplanes in P3D.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Would anyone be kind enough to post a video of the start-up by chance?  Interested in this bird, but would love to see some actual footage first.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, baxterbj said:

Concur with Oisin,

Great Products, have purchased all for P3D, and GREAT service.

My emails to MILVIZ have been responded too within hours, sometimes minutes.

I'm simply a customer, whom is very much satisfied with the products and the after service.

Bravo Zulu, Milviz

Brian

(BJ from OZ)

I agree 100%.  If Milviz releases it, I buy it.  I love there products.  I just wish that the 737 would work in P3Dv4.  It's frustrating not having it anymore.

• Like 2

Never had a problem with Milviz. Their products are superlative, from the Latin meaning art.

Oisin has gone beyond the call of duty more than once for me in multiple settings.

Not sure what the deal is here.

More than likely PEBCAK. 😁

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

the 737 works in v4... albeit without the FMS... Sorry.

Wow my Dad (who buys me my planes) got the email.  And Oisin does a great job of customer support at MilViz; he got me set up on their support forums for my MilViz planes just as nice as can be.  And their forums are real helpful and the ppl are real nice there, too.

I think an apology is in order, too. 😠