Sign in to follow this  
mgh

SERVER ODDITIES

Has anyone else noticed these two server oddities?1) When I log in, the welcome page shows a time that is always 9 min ahead of my own computer time, after allowing for the difference between GMT and BST. My computer time is automatically updated from the internet and I've re-checked it against the BBC broadcast time signal before posting.2) Sometimes I can't find the last post in a thread. For example, in the MS Flight Simulator General Discussion Forum there is a thread titled "Massive bug at Nice". The last update column shows the latest post to have been by Willg on 29 May 05 at 6:19pm but the last post I can find in the thread is by mad dog on May 29 05 at 5:26pm. I've looked in both threaded and non-threaded modes.

Guest Ken_Salter

1) The time on the welcome page comes from the clock on the server. I'm not sure how often that clock is updated.2) Not sure about that.

Guest davidvoogd

I've seen #2 happen many times, it confused me for a while but I figured it out. That happens when someone edits an existing post.

That sounds likely

See next post

I posted my last post at 19:52 BST (6:52 GMT) yet the posted time appears as 6:35 GMT.This was posted at 19:54 BST.