Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

o’hare

Just curious if there has been any updates on the 3 upcoming versions of ORD in terms of release dates, etc.   The FSdreamteam one looks pretty polished but I can’t seem to find anything other than “2018”

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I've been keeping an eye out too....living in the Chicago area I'd love to have a polished O'Hare to compliment the Fly Tampa Midway, and ORBX restoration of Meigs Field (a must have if you've been in this hobby as long as I have).

From the looks of things currently, I'm holding out for the FSDreamTeam version myself.

Mark

Waiting for FSDreamTeam version too.  That is the one to get.  I checked their forums, estimated release date is Sep.  My bet is Sep-Nov (just around Thanksgiving time).

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:35 AM, Skywolf said:

Waiting for FSDreamTeam version too.  That is the one to get.  I checked their forums, estimated release date is Sep.  My bet is Sep-Nov (just around Thanksgiving time).

Where did you see Sep?  I thought that was for GSX

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

7 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Where did you see Sep?  I thought that was for GSX

You are correct.  I mixed the date as it was for GSX v2.  No idea on O'Hare.  Just browsed through their forums

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Ok.. Cool.  I thought I might have missed something.  It would be interesting to hear what is holding back the release but I doubt we would.  I hope it is released sooner in 2018, than later.  This is the one airport missing from my list of addons that will make it easier to get around the US as many of my airports can be reached from ORD in under 1.5

13 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.. Cool.  I thought I might have missed something.  It would be interesting to hear what is holding back the release but I doubt we would.  I hope it is released sooner in 2018, than later.  This is the one airport missing from my list of addons that will make it easier to get around the US as many of my airports can be reached from ORD in under 1.5

This is going to be a very complex airport especially with AI flightplans showing up on the gate info.  Very excited about this release.  These projects do take time especially when you look at what is being offered. 

Just hang in there.

As soon as they release it ohare will get a new runway and new taxiways .

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

True, but even when it is released it will be better than v1 and waaaay better than the default. 

Any updates / rumors on the ORD front?  Things seem quiet for having 3 versions in development.   

Yes FSDT ORD will be the first airport they have done using the V4 SDK to the full that's why they have had to build a completely new airport, not an upgrade. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Fsdreamteam is currently very busy trying to get all the bugs out of their software. It seems the last few versions have just been an utter mess. Hopefully O'hare will be out soon once they get all of their issues resolved. 

32 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Fsdreamteam is currently very busy trying to get all the bugs out of their software. It seems the last few versions have just been an utter mess. Hopefully O'hare will be out soon once they get all of their issues resolved. 

Yes, we are busy adding features requested by users, which obviously includes fixing all bugs properly reported (which can be easily proven by our release notes history), and ranting with unfounded claims, is not my idea of proper bug reporting.

Do you think there are still unfixed bugs ? Then go to our forum, open a thread with some reproduction steps and then we can:

- check if the supposed bug is really a bug, or a design choice, or something that happens because of a wrong setting or something else and why it happens and how.

- verify this is a bug that must in fact be fixed, if it might been already fixed in our upcoming update or, if it hasn't, if we could manage to add it to the upcoming update list of fixes.

THIS is what I call productive feedback. Saying "last few versions have just been an utter mess", without anything to back it up, is entirely useless.

And no, please don't reply here, since this is not the FSDT support forum. Since I couldn't find anybody registered as "Mitch24" on our forum (maybe you used a different nickname ?), I invite you to register and post your feedback. That would go to great lengths showing you are in fact interested in providing useful criticism which would actually lead to yet another improvement, one of the many hundreds that already make their way in our products, always following users's feedback.

About O'Hare, it's progressing well, the scenery it's clearly huge and we don't want to compromise on it, since the original O'Hare sold well for 9 years, which means the new one must be the final word on that airport. Which already sounds like a joke, since the airport is going to be updated *again* a couple of years after we'll release it but, we are trying to make it as easy as possible to keep it updated in the future.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

If you truly took user feedback and criticism than Couatl wouldn't exist 😂

Get over it.

• Like 3

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.