Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Totally Frustrated: P3dV4.3 hanging up at start up

It is a big learning curve that never stops..

Just went back to 4.2 for the moment so  i can fly. I'll did into this some more. just running out of time at the moment....

Zmak....Are you talking about an external hd?

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

It is a big learning curve that never stops..

Just went back to 4.2 for the moment so  i can fly. I'll did into this some more. just running out of time at the moment....

Zmak....Are you talking about an external hd?

If your mobo is maxed out of connections (to many drives) then external is fine. If you buy a seagate HDD (1TB)  then you get the back up program for free. Very cheap I think around $60? In any case when your up and running you should be backing up regularly. I back up once every few weeks or straight after Ive bought a bunch of software

ZORAN

Hi:

I kinda had the same issue.

Download scenery config. editor and dry to build you scenery file.

If successful, disable the scenery you just added and see if the sim starts.  Hopefully then you can remove/delete the add-on.

Sorry and good luck!  I know it's frustrating.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Thanks for the support. I took my machine in today to my computer tech who is a big time gamer and we went over it for up to date drivers, any optimizing that could be done etc. First step to figuring this out. many thanks.

Dave

In your terrain.cfg look for “ORBX FTX-GB custom polys 75 LC167” make sure it only comes up one time,

Edited by Chris Bell

12 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

In your terrain.cfg look for “ORBX FTX-GB custom polys 75 LC167” make sure it only comes up one time,

Chris,

Interesting you point this out...I did a search in my terrain.cfg, and I have 126 entries of " ORBX FTX-GB custom polys 75 LC167". If one were to delete terrain.cfg, will P3D rebuild it on launch? I'd edit out 125 of the 126 entries, but I'd have to renumber everything following, and my terrain.cfg has 1203 entries...not something I would want to manually renumber!

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

we know :sad:

save it just in case,
delete terrain.cfg, run sim one time, close,
run ftx central, wait 2 min, close,
good to go

if you run Black Marble NG you will need to apply your profile in BMM and refresh your settings in CPanel

Edited by Chris Bell

5 minutes ago, somiller said:

Chris,

Interesting you point this out...I did a search in my terrain.cfg, and I have 126 entries of " ORBX FTX-GB custom polys 75 LC167". If one were to delete terrain.cfg, will P3D rebuild it on launch? I'd edit out 125 of the 126 entries, but I'd have to renumber everything following, and my terrain.cfg has 1203 entries...not something I would want to manually renumber!

Kind Regards,

If this file is deleted, then P3D should create one by default without Orbx Enteries.

To get the Orbx Enteries, all you have to run is FTX Central and wait few seconds to let it do its thing.

One, I never touch this file period.

These issues happen b/c Orbx wants to do FSX way of doing things and not going outside the sim.  Annoying issues...but seriously do not mess with that file.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Chris, and Skywolf,

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

Just did the suggested fix, and that solved the multiple " ORBX FTX-GB custom polys 75 LC167" problem - thanks!

Kind Regards,

Edited by somiller
  • Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

not touching the file makes no difference what so ever,
its something in ftx central doing it,
each time you run ftx it rewrites its settings all over and something misses!

we see it often with our customers but we were unable yet able to find the combination of what triggers this in ftx,

the high number of entries found will likely match the times he opened ftx central since it started, we see customer still loading their scenery and around 20-30 compounded entries their sims eventually start giving up,

before they dont even know its happening; just seem like sim is loading slow for no reason,
it creeps up slow as it starts compounding as one open and closed ftx central,

Edited by Chris Bell