Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Bug List

1.) Pop up AP trim wheel works backwards with MClicks, but works correctly with MWheel.

2.) Fuel Warning lights (No pressure?) stay on all the time.

• Like 1

3) I had a post about this but nav1 frequency controls both nav1 and nav2 instruments 

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

846DS has a black artifact on the top right wing tip that moves around on the wing as the aircraft bounces in turbulence. Not a shadow, sun was directly overhead

no fuel boost pump switches

no POH or cockpit diagram

engine sounds don't sound like radials, nevermind 985s

handling is far too twitchy for twin of this size and weight

fuel indicator selector knob mouse clicks are backward. Left click moves switch clockwise. right mouse click rotates it counterclockwise

Label on landing ger clutch misspelled - save "conver" not "cover"

Edited by tailspin45

I do hope that all of the listed bugs here are also being reported to Carenado via support tickets, for they do not monitor this "unofficial" site.

Well that sucks. Something on their site made me think this was their preferred place. I'll copy/paste a ticket over there for all of the above

8 minutes ago, tailspin45 said:

Well that sucks. Something on their site made me think this was their preferred place. I'll copy/paste a ticket over there for all of the above

Their documentation is in the root p3d folder.  Mine is here: (although there isn't a full poh, there are some good documents like perf tables and v speed etc)

Prepar3D v4\Carenado\Carenado D18S

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 minutes ago, raymie said:

I do hope that all of the listed bugs here are also being reported to Carenado via support tickets, for they do not monitor this "unofficial" site.

I think we should just compile a list and send it at once.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yes found those docs, but pretty sparse. Standby and I'll find a real Twin Beech manual. Will post on this thread.

Edited by tailspin45

7 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think we should just compile a list and send it at once.

Already did, posted everything here

Edited by tailspin45

Okay click here to download a D18S manual

Click here for a short post about the Beechcarft and a link to a book of hair-raising tales about how the poor old girl was mistreated by the military.

The link is kinda buried at the end of the post so you can skip that if you prefer and just click here .

Edited by tailspin45
  • Like 1

Found the boost pump. It's a manual "Wobble" pump on the floor between the seats.

That's fine...they work well. Be nice if they'd mentioned it was there.

As usual, the pitch of the engine sound changes with throttle.  I will fix it myself when I can get to it. 

The "FUEL WARNING" lights......I haven't found anything that will extinguish them. 

Can only start engines from the cockpit view.  From external views the starter sounds are generated but the props don't turn....hence the engines will not start.  First time I have seen this in a Carenado/Alabeo product. 

I haven't had the problem with the fuel warning lights at all and I've done several long flights already. Have to say I'm very pleased with the plane. don't say this often but it may become a new favorite. For me at least.

47 minutes ago, Merlin59 said:

I haven't had the problem with the fuel warning lights at all and I've done several long flights already. Have to say I'm very pleased with the plane. don't say this often but it may become a new favorite. For me at least.

What simulator are you using?