Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Bug List

WOW.. man they blew it on this one... little things that should have been easy to catch well before release. the Wobble pump thing is hilarious. I thought that was a landing gear pump.

Sounds are not bad... just the wrong type and not even close to the real thing!  There are several free sound sets for the D18 that are way.. so much way.. better then the stock version.

I still dig it though. after they do the usual patch, maybe it'll be a winner. (and I have already sent my probs to Carenado. All of you should do the same. the more they get early, the more they will fix.!!)

Also found ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop" in CFG file. Should be Twin Engine Prop

Flies the same, but I use SPAD.next as Saitek interface and couldn't understand why I couldn't find the Beech 18 in assignment list for profiles.

Now I know why.

Edited by tailspin45

Fuel totalizer is missing switch to select gallons remaining vs gallons used

Fuel gauge reads in gallons not tenths. Forward main shows .75 when full, aft mains show .25

Edited by tailspin45

Red cockpit lights bleed through roof and shine on antenna in the dark

The artificial horizon / flight director is FUBAR

Edited by tailspin45

Autopilot pitch changes aircraft attitude in altitude hold. If you roll the pitch reference down the aircraft has a weird nose down deck angle but altitude stays the same

NAV2 OBS acts like an ILS when tuned to a VOR, sorta. Glideslope bar centers when course is centered

With fuel selectors on front mains, after 45 minutes front fuel quantity shows .75 (full), rear mains show .1. As it is reading gallons not tenths that means we burned about 15 gallons per engine which is about what the totalized was saying (40.7 gph for both).

Ground handling is like a car. No inertia, no tendency to ground loop whatsoever.

Edited by tailspin45

Fuel gauge acts as if rear main and front main tanks are connected, which they aren't.

After gauge shows rear tank empty, the front tank starts to show reduced quantity-- all with fuel selector on front main tanks, mind you.

Edited by tailspin45

Copilot's fluorescent light dimmer labeled left, same as pilot's

Post lights labeled 'RNAV on NAVI1' and 'RNAV on NAVI2' have nothing to do with RNAV

Carenado never learns, and the community keeps on buying, regardless... if it weren't for the likes of people like yourself and Bert Pieke (and the others whose names I simply do not know, sorry), I think Carenado would have long since gone under... or do too many not care at all?

A

• Like 1

the aircraft exhibits no yaw when flown single engine, not even way below blue line.

the magneto switches are not connected to anything. With them off the engines continue to run

The feathering buttons when held in will not unfeather the prop

After running an engine hard with cowl flaps closed there was no appreciable change in CHT or oil temp

On 7/7/2018 at 11:26 PM, whamil77 said:

What simulator are you using?

FSX boxed edition.

Haven't had some of the other issues. However I find it odd that there is no nose fuel tank. Switch to check it in cockpit and on fuel selector. But no tank listed in the fuel and payload to put fuel in. Maybe I'm just missing something. Please correct me if I am wrong but I'm not getting it. Kind of useless to have a tank you can't put fuel in.

Yoke inside the plane doesn't match up with the ailerons or elevator if you look in spot view you can see the ailerons fully deflected at about 1/4 of the yoke turn,you can see the Yoke continue to turn looking through the pilots side window, but nothing happens on the exterior as the ailerons and elevators are already at their stops

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

1 hour ago, Merlin59 said:

Haven't had some of the other issues. However I find it odd that there is no nose fuel tank. Switch to check it in cockpit and on fuel selector. But no tank listed in the fuel and payload to put fuel in. Maybe I'm just missing something. Please correct me if I am wrong but I'm not getting it. Kind of useless to have a tank you can't put fuel in.

Concur! Stumbled on that a bunch of times and it never percolated up through the fog to gripe it

It's an interesting arrangement, really two tanks--and upper and lower that together hold 77gals. Each tank has its own" liquidometer"

Why don't you submit a ticket regarding the missing tank at https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us so they don't think I'm picking on  them?

Also missing is a crossfeed valve (under copilot seat). The wing deice boot control ( below prop deice knob) is labeled "lever deice" which is probably a garbled version of Leading Edge Deice or maybe L.E. Deice.

Just to re-iterate if you didn't see my comment elsewhere, if your replace the sound folder with the wonderful sounds from Milton Shupe's freeware Twin Beech you'll suddenly be flying something that sounds like a Twin Beech. Very good inside sounds, pretty good outside except flyby that is missing the characteristic prop howl.

Edited by tailspin45