Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

C441 sound problem

Flysimware Cessna 441 ConquestII sound problem in external view.

Quick video to show the sound problem in external view (P3Dv4.3).
https://youtu.be/5cGR66ejL2U

I submitted this ticket problem description to Flysimware support:
I am flying the 441 in P3Dv4.3
The external view engine sound plays for a few seconds normally, cuts out for a second or so, then plays again. The internal VC engine sound is ok.

I got this reply from Flysimware product support:

Dear Customer,

I have heard of these type issue and it may be the sound files are heavy and your system is falling behind. You can search this topic online for more info or start a topic at Avsim. We have a link for our Avsim forum on our help page.
I can say we have no other reports of this issue to where we think there is an issue that need to be fixed. But just in case a topic on Avsim or more results will be helpful. Thanks for your support and keep me posted.

Regards,
Customer service
Flysimware Simulation Software

Note:
I do not have this engine sound problem with P3D default aircraft or e.g., the RealAir Turbine Duke.

Anyone else seeing this sound problem?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What does support mean that "the sound files are heavy and your system is falling behind?" Are the C441 sound files much larger than your other aircraft sound files?

I doubt this, but can you check to see if you get a sudden drop in frame rate? You might want to do a search on this forum for any discussion of C441 sounds.

Sorry I can't help you more.  Good luck!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

I figured the sound file was heavy because this sound set was made from my tech guy and i was not sure how long each loop was which would make the file larger. And i agree this would not cause the issue. I was just stumped this issue had never been reported and assumed it was not an issue for others.

Now that i tested the sound set today my self i found he made a mistake on the 2 exterior sound files. He had left a blank spot at the beginning and the end which will not work for looping sounds. So i cut the the ends and now it plays perfect. I already have 2 other updates. 1 was the elevator needed more travel to hold the maintain the pitch when the autopilot is on. And the last fix is the "from" flag on the HSI was not attached to the compass card and that is why it points straight down rather than follow the CDI. 

By the way i removed some old emails and lost your email Vonmar. So i decided to reply here to give you the good news. Can you email me on my contact form i wanted to reward you for reporting and issue that should have been reported a long time ago. Thanks,

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Flysimware said:

I figured the sound file was heavy because this sound set was made from my tech guy and i was not sure how long each loop was which would make the file larger. And i agree this would not cause the issue. I was just stumped this issue had never been reported and assumed it was not an issue for others.

Now that i tested the sound set today my self i found he made a mistake on the 2 exterior sound files. He had left a blank spot at the beginning and the end which will not work for looping sounds. So i cut the the ends and now it plays perfect. I already have 2 other updates. 1 was the elevator needed more travel to hold the maintain the pitch when the autopilot is on. And the last fix is the "from" flag on the HSI was not attached to the compass card and that is why it points straight down rather than follow the CDI. 

By the way i removed some old emails and lost your email Vonmar. So i decided to reply here to give you the good news. Can you email me on my contact form i wanted to reward you for reporting and issue that should have been reported a long time ago. Thanks,

Thanks for the reply and fixes.

Yes, I will e-mail you on your contact form.

Best Regards,

Just for information.

The Update version 2.3 for the C441 which includes the fixes mentioned in the previous post is not available on SimMarket yet.

SimMarket still have Version 2.2 for the C441

Best Regards,

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, vonmar said:

Just for information.

The Update version 2.3 for the C441 which includes the fixes mentioned in the previous post is not available on SimMarket yet.

SimMarket still have Version 2.2 for the C441

It looks like there may be some more mods as well and its noted on FB that it will be this week , normally it takes a few days for the updates to be listed at the outlets, well at PC Aviator a bit longer.

bob

17 hours ago, onebob said:

well at PC Aviator a bit longer.

Sad, but true!  😠

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

3 hours ago, StewartH said:

Sad, but true!  😠

Yes and as they don't indicate which version it is makes it more maddening, in fact I don't think I caught up with v 2.2 because I waited so long I just gave up. noticed on another thread there appears to be a problem with vsi.

regards bob

We are releasing V2.3a with a fix for the VSI. I forgot but we made more codes for our VSI and put the original code back to a max of 2000 feet, So the next time we updated this product i needed to point to our new code that is for a max of 6000 feet. Glad i had not sent to all outlets yet and only our store had version 2.3. So please re download 2.3a later tonight.

I did a quick test of C441 v2.3a.

The external engine sound is still pausing ... not as much a the original problem but still pausing.

Best Regards,

14 hours ago, vonmar said:

I did a quick test of C441 v2.3a.

The external engine sound is still pausing ... not as much a the original problem but still pausing.

I do not hear any skip in the updated version!

Hi Mark,

I tested again.

To me it sounds like there is a change in prop RPM about ever 5 seconds.

I did a short video to try to show what I hear.

In the video I moved around the aircraft in the external view to see if the engine/prop sound changed.

Do you think your external engine sounds are different than mine?

https://youtu.be/pJdo31n8zlM

Best Regards,

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

Hi Mark,

I tested again.

To me it sounds like there is a change in prop RPM about ever 5 seconds.

I did a short video to try to show what I hear.

In the video I moved around the aircraft in the external view to see if the engine/prop sound changed.

Do you think your external engine sounds are different than mine?

https://youtu.be/pJdo31n8zlM

It's obvious to me you're using a different sound set than what Mark's video is using.  And I don't hear the change in prop RPM that you mention.  For the record, I appear to be using the same sound set as Mark's video; they sound the same.  Yours appears to be an older one, which has been updated.

Stew

On 7/7/2018 at 9:43 AM, vonmar said:

Flysimware Cessna 441 ConquestII sound problem in external view.

Quick video to show the sound problem in external view (P3Dv4.3).
https://youtu.be/5cGR66ejL2U

I submitted this ticket problem description to Flysimware support:
I am flying the 441 in P3Dv4.3
The external view engine sound plays for a few seconds normally, cuts out for a second or so, then plays again. The internal VC engine sound is ok.

I got this reply from Flysimware product support:

Dear Customer,

I have heard of these type issue and it may be the sound files are heavy and your system is falling behind. You can search this topic online for more info or start a topic at Avsim. We have a link for our Avsim forum on our help page.
I can say we have no other reports of this issue to where we think there is an issue that need to be fixed. But just in case a topic on Avsim or more results will be helpful. Thanks for your support and keep me posted.

Regards,
Customer service
Flysimware Simulation Software

Note:
I do not have this engine sound problem with P3D default aircraft or e.g., the RealAir Turbine Duke.

Anyone else seeing this sound problem?

Quick comment:  That's an older sound set you seem to be using.  The external view renders a sound that I believe has since been improved and updated with the version 2.2.

Stew

35 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Quick comment:  That's an older sound set you seem to be using.  The external view renders a sound that I believe has since been improved and updated with the version 2.2.

Thanks for the reply.

I got a message from SimMarket saying a new version was available.

I uninstalled the old version.
Deleted the old FSW C441 folder.
Downloaded the new C441 version.
Installed the new version (screenshot of unzipped files for new version).

No error on installing.

FSW-ver-inuse_zpspooh4qh8.jpg

Best Regards,