Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

C441 sound problem

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Thanks for the reply.

I got a message from SimMarket saying a new version was available.

I uninstalled the old version.
Deleted the old FSW C441 folder.
Downloaded the new C441 version.
Installed the new version (screenshot of unzipped files for new version).

No error on installing.

FSW-ver-inuse_zpspooh4qh8.jpg

Hmm...all I can say is if you're running v2.3a and that's the sound we hear with the external view, something is goofy.  I'm running v2.2, as I stated above, and the sound is very different, and no "pauses".  I am unable to compare to v2.3a, since my original purchase was through PC Aviator, not through FSW's website.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

4 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Hmm...all I can say is if you're running v2.3a and that's the sound we hear with the external view, something is goofy.  I'm running v2.2, as I stated above, and the sound is very different, and no "pauses".  I am unable to compare to v2.3a, since my original purchase was through PC Aviator, not through FSW's website.

Ok,

When you update to version 2a could you do a quick test?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Could someone post the  zip file size (in bytes) of ver 2.3a so I know which file to download.

many thanks

bob

Edited by onebob

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

Ok,

When you update to version 2a could you do a quick test?

Will do.  I have no idea when PC Aviator will have it available, however.  I've re-listened to the 2.2 sound at idle, not during flight, and there is that perceptible repeat after some time has elapsed.  Sorry I didn't pick it up earlier--I didn't listen long enough, and it's barely perceptible as it is.

Stew

1 hour ago, onebob said:

Could someone post the  zip file size (in bytes) of ver 2.3a so I know which file to download.

many thanks

bob

I show 92,451 KB for the ver 2.3a zip file I downloaded from the FSW store.  With ver 2.3a I don't detect any pauses in the external view C441 engine sound in FSX or FSXSE.

Al

Edited by ark

30 minutes ago, ark said:

I show 92,451 KB for the ver 2.3a zip file I downloaded from the FSW store.  With ver 2.3a I don't detect any pauses in the external view C441 engine sound in FSX or FSXSE.

Al

Great thanks for posting, not showing that at PcAviator at the moment, so I wait for them to catch up

bob

37 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Will do.  I have no idea when PC Aviator will have it available, however.  I've re-listened to the 2.2 sound at idle, not during flight, and there is that perceptible repeat after some time has elapsed.  Sorry I didn't pick it up earlier--I didn't listen long enough, and it's barely perceptible as it is.

Did it sound like the example I posted on page one, first post? ... There I gave a u-tube link to listen to the sound.

Best Regards,

39 minutes ago, ark said:

Al

My zip was 92559 kb from SimMarket.

I have only tested P3Dv4.3 so far.

Was your test Idle throttles, external view?

Did it sound like the last video from FSW?

Best Regards,

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

Did it sound like the example I posted on page one, first post? ... There I gave a u-tube link to listen to the sound.

I'll have to get back to you later about this.  I'm flying another airplane at the moment.  :happy:

Edit to add:  I've listened to the engine sounds in your first post and it sounds the same as mine in v2.2.  The "pause" is noticeable but not annoying.  Like Bob, I'll await PC Aviator's update.

Stew

Edited by StewartH

Stew

Nowhere at Simmarket do I see the version number for this aircraft download.  How do you know which version you are downloading?

Stew

3 hours ago, StewartH said:

Nowhere at Simmarket do I see the version number for this aircraft download.  How do you know which version you are downloading?

The EXE name has the version listed so you know what your about to install. Also the programs and features page has the version listed so you can check the current version.

Simmarket now has V2.3a. Other stores just are not as fast and can take between a week or more.

Edited by Flysimware

36 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

The EXE name has the version listed so you know what your about to install. Also the programs and features page has the version listed so you can check the current version.

Simmarket now has V2.3a. Other stores just are not as fast and can take between a week or more.

Thank you for the information.  But you can't examine the EXE name unless you purchase the product.

Also, "programs and features page"?  On the Simmarket page for the C441?  I don't see it, sorry.  There is no indication on that page which version of the aircraft it is, just that it's the C441 Conquest.  PC Aviator is the same way--no version--and never has had the version #.

Edit:  "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel.  I see the version #.  But that's after I've installed the product, of course.  None of the two vendors tell the customer what version it is that is available.  That's their fault, not FSW's.

Edited by StewartH

Stew

43 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Edit:  "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel.  I see the version #.  But that's after I've installed the product, of course.  None of the two vendors tell the customer what version it is that is available.  That's their fault, not FSW's.

Yes from the control panel. And no none of the vendors use the version number. Some use to i asked they stop because they would be outdated and never updated and this confused customers.

Just now, Flysimware said:

Yes from the control panel. And no none of the vendors use the version number. Some use to i asked they stop because they would be outdated and never updated and this confused customers.

Totally understand, really.  Thanks for your hard work on the current update 2.3a.  Looking forward to finally being able to dl the thing.  I enjoy the heck out of flying both the C441 and Moo-2.

Stew

7 hours ago, vonmar said:

My zip was 92559 kb from SimMarket.

I have only tested P3Dv4.3 so far.

Was your test Idle throttles, external view?

Did it sound like the last video from FSW?

Yes, the external sound at idle throttle sounds like the FSW video.

Al