Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

C441 sound problem

20 hours ago, ark said:

I show 92,451 KB for the ver 2.3a zip file I downloaded from the FSW store.  With ver 2.3a I don't detect any pauses in the external view C441 engine sound in FSX or FSXSE.

Al

I tested C441 in FSX Acceleration and the external engine sound is ok.

I do not know why my zip file size (from SimMarket) is different than your's?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

39 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I tested C441 in FSX Acceleration and the external engine sound is ok.

I do not know why my zip file size (from SimMarket) is different than your's?

Sorry, don't know either, and don't know if the difference is significant with respect to the external engine sound.  I fly from the VC and normally don't pay any attention to the external engine sound -- just not that important to me since I never hear it when flying.

Al

Edited by ark

2 minutes ago, ark said:

Sorry, don't know either, and don't know if the difference is significant, particulary with respect to the external engine sound.  I fly from the VC and normally don't pay any attention to the external engine sound -- just not important to me since I never hear it when flying.

Al

I agree.

But, the external engine sound is one of the several fixes with the new product release for those who want to check them out.

I would not know if the C441 zip file size is supposed to be the same for everyone downloading from different payware sites or not.

But, it would be interesting to know.

Different file sizes could possibly indicate different files or a problem?

Also, I hardly ever go to the external view ... except e.g., when testing.

Best Regards,

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I would not know if the C441 zip file size is supposed to be the same for everyone downloading from different payware sites or not.

Perhaps the different zip file download sizes have something to do with how the zip file is stored at the different payware sites.

Al

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

I agree.

But, the external engine sound is one of the several fixes with the new product release for those who want to check them out.

But, it would be interesting to know.

Different file sizes could possibly indicate different files or a problem?

Also, I hardly ever go to the external view ... except e.g., when testing.

Of course the zip files should be the same size from vendor to vendor.  If they are different, it would seem to be a distribution problem from FSW.

For what it's worth, 75% of my flying time is spent in external view. so I'm particular about external-view engine sounds.  Everybody's mileage differs--it depends a lot on why the simmer is flying sims in the first place.

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

11 minutes ago, StewartH said:

For what it's worth, 75% of my flying time is spent in external view. so I'm particular about external-view engine sounds.  Everybody's mileage differs--it depends a lot on why the simmer is flying sims in the first place.

Stew

Very true, absolutely agree. To each his own.

Al

21 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Of course the zip files should be the same size from vendor to vendor.  If they are different, it would seem to be a distribution problem from FSW.

Stew

Which flight simulator are you using?

Which aircraft(s) do you fly the most from the external view?

Best Regards,

Just now, vonmar said:

Which flight simulator are you using?

Which aircraft(s) do you fly the most from the external view?

Flying P3Dv4.1 atm.  V4.3 doesn't seem to play nice with the 2.2 version of the C441 when both GTN 750s are installed, so I've opted to go back to V4.1, install the C441 with only one GTN 750 and wait for PC Aviator to issue V2.3a.  I also fly the MU-2B (not recently however), and both the A2A Comanche and the C182T; and the MilViz C320R Redux.  Recently discovered that the Lotus Simulations L-39 Albatross flies in P3Dv4, so have been practicing flying that jet, with no autopilot--makes for an interesting flight with no autopilot--and it really scoots along at about 300 kts.  Landing is a challenge until you get the hang of speed management.

Stew

Stew

I've been playing with the C441 ver 2.3a sound and have come across an issue as shown in the video at

https://www.flysimware.com/website/FSDEVELOPERWEBSITE/c411_sound_issue.wmv

What you will hear is a strange change of sound when in external view as the throttle is cycled from idle to full throttle and back. There are also sound changes when pausing and unpausing FSX, or moving from internal to external view. I suspect the issue may be the result of some quirk with my FSX setup, but would be curious if anyone else runs into a similar issue.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

If memory serves, the sound issues you point out in the video have always been there and acted in that way, at least they are in my v2.2 and running P3dV4.1.  I don't like it either.  I found a couple of tweaks on this forum awhile back which give much more pleasing results.  I will try to find the post for you.

Stew

I found this thread from 2015:

Using these alternate sound files results in a much better set of sounds, imo.  And they're easy to change/rename.

Also, your video of the 441 sitting at idle, that sound is very unlike the sound in the video posted above by Mark Taylor himself.  Listen and see if you don't agree.

Edited by StewartH

Stew

We just released version 2.3a recently.This got rid of a skip in the exterior sound. We also released a sound update which you need to download from the product page. This is for improved sounds and performance for interior and exterior sounds. Use the link below.

https://www.flysimware.com/website/Cessna441.html Right side under updates!

3 hours ago, Flysimware said:

We just released version 2.3a recently.This got rid of a skip in the exterior sound. We also released a sound update which you need to download from the product page. This is for improved sounds and performance for interior and exterior sounds. Use the link below.

https://www.flysimware.com/website/Cessna441.html Right side under updates!

I did a few quick tests with the newly downloaded sound folder/files (e.g., xTPE331a.wav/xTPE331b.wav dated 7-15-18).
I tested using FSX Acceleration, P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4.3.
All Sims tested [increased the power levers from ground idle to flight idle] ok for me with the FSW C441 and I also tested with changes to the Sims engine sound slider.

Best Regards,

5 hours ago, ark said:

I've been playing with the C441 ver 2.3a sound and have come across an issue as shown in the video at

https://www.flysimware.com/website/FSDEVELOPERWEBSITE/c411_sound_issue.wmv

What you will hear is a strange change of sound when in external view as the throttle is cycled from idle to full throttle and back. There are also sound changes when pausing and unpausing FSX, or moving from internal to external view. I suspect the issue may be the result of some quirk with my FSX setup, but would be curious if anyone else runs into a similar issue.

Thx,

Al

Al,

Ok to do a voice comment during a sound video test but after a comment let the sound play for like 60 seconds or so (no talking) before the next test/comment.

Some sound loops take some time to do one complete loop and you want to test a few loops on each test.

Best Regards,

10 hours ago, StewartH said:

If memory serves, the sound issues you point out in the video have always been there and acted in that way, at least they are in my v2.2 and running P3dV4.1.  I don't like it either.  I found a couple of tweaks on this forum awhile back which give much more pleasing results.  I will try to find the post for you. 

Stew

Stew,

Thanks very much for the feedback.  I now find the new sound patch by FSW has made a big improvement.  Note that this patch has to be applied AFTER updating to ver 2.3a since the patch changes the sound file linking in the sound.cfg file.

I also now realize that it is important to have the condition lever 'in sync' with the throttle position to get the best results.

Al

Edited by ark

3 minutes ago, ark said:

Stew,

Thanks very much for the feedback.  I now find the new sound patch by FSW has made a big improvement.  Note that this patch has to be applied AFTER updating to ver 2.3 since the patch changes the sound file linking in the sound.cfg file.

I also now realize that it is important to have the condition lever 'in sync' with the throttle position to get realistic results.

Al

Thanks for the tip, Al.  I'll download the patch, but can't apply it until PC Aviator releases v2.3.

Stew