Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

C441 sound problem

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

Al,

Ok to do a voice comment during a sound video test but after a comment let the sound play for like 60 seconds or so (no talking) before the next test/comment.

Some sound loops take some time to do one complete loop and you want to test a few loops on each test.

vonmar,

I understand your point - thx. In this case I just wanted the video to demonstrate specific sound transitions which it did. I was not particularly interested in the general overall sound.

After listening to the video, which FSW helped me make, FSW generated the new sound patch which I find works quite well. Great timely support from FSW!

Al

8 hours ago, Flysimware said:

We just released version 2.3a recently.This got rid of a skip in the exterior sound. We also released a sound update which you need to download from the product page. This is for improved sounds and performance for interior and exterior sounds. Use the link below.

https://www.flysimware.com/website/Cessna441.html Right side under updates!

Thank you, Mark.  We do appreciate your attention to this issue.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

11 minutes ago, ark said:

I also now realize that it is important to have the condition lever 'in sync' with the throttle position to get the best results.

Just curious Al, after startup, shouldn't the condition lever be fully forward anyway?  I seem to recall that is a checklist item...

Stew

11 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Thanks for the tip, Al.  I'll download the patch, but can't apply it until PC Aviator releases v2.3.

Stew,

You can apply the patch to your current C441 version since it may take a while for PC Aviator to update to ver 2.3a.   You will just have to reapply it after updating to ver 2.3a. The sound patch consists 'just' of a new sound folder. A few of the sound files in the sound folder have been changed, and also some of the file linking in the sound.cfg file. You can just save the new sound folder and use it to again replace the sound folder in the ver 2.3a update when the time comes.

Al

Edited by ark

3 minutes ago, ark said:

Stew,

You can apply the patch to your current C441 version since it may take a while for PC Aviator to update to ver 2.3a.   You will just have to reapply it after updating to ver 2.3a. The sound patch consists 'just' of a new sound folder. A few of the sound files in the sound folder have been changed, and also some of the file linking in the sound.cfg file. You can just save the new sound folder and use it to replace the sound folder in the ver 2.3a update when the time comes.

Al

Thanks, Al.  I'll try out the new sound folder and see how it goes.  The changes pointed out in the link I posted above last night provide a better sound experience than the default, so I'll be interested in any improvements this new patch makes.

Stew

Stew

23 minutes ago, StewartH said:

Just curious Al, after startup, shouldn't the condition lever be fully forward anyway?  I seem to recall that is a checklist item...

My limited understanding is that the condition levers should be 'back' in the Taxi/Start or low idle position when the throttle is retarded (except when landing), and in the cruise (or high idle) position for cruise, takeoff and landing (in case of Go Around). Some condition levers are a combination of the typical mixture and prop levers in conventional a/c.  The exact use of the condition lever can vary a bit across different a/c.

Al

Edited by ark

19 minutes ago, ark said:

You can apply the patch to your current C441 version since it may take a while for PC Aviator to update to ver 2.3a

Yes downloaded the patch this morning and  running ok ( I think I'm still on ver 2.1 ) just done a flight up from KRDD to CYBL.

bob

10 minutes ago, ark said:

My understanding is that the condition levers should be 'back' in the Taxi/Start or low idle position when the throttle is retarded, and in the cruise (or high idle) position for cruise, takeoff/ and anding(in case of Go Around). Some condition levers are a combination of the typical mixture and prop levers in conventional a/c.  The exact use of the condition lever can vary a bit across different a/c.

Al

You may be right, but the checklist advises condition levers full forward after Avionics Master Switch ON.  But then, the checklist mentions Autofeather, and I haven't yet found any switch for that critter.

Stew

Edited by StewartH

Stew

2 hours ago, onebob said:

Yes downloaded the patch this morning and  running ok ( I think I'm still on ver 2.1 ) just done a flight up from KRDD to CYBL.

bob

Bob, Using Don Grovestine's CYBL maybe?

Edited by StewartH

Stew

2 hours ago, StewartH said:

Thanks, Al.  I'll try out the new sound folder and see how it goes.  The changes pointed out in the link I posted above last night provide a better sound experience than the default, so I'll be interested in any improvements this new patch makes.

Stew

Interesting...the new Sound folder seems to have made the same changes as that post from May 2015 suggests, but there may be some other changes that I didn't notice.

Stew

2 hours ago, StewartH said:

Interesting...the new Sound folder seems to have made the same changes as that post from May 2015 suggests, but there may be some other changes that I didn't notice.

Yes, the new sound.cfg includes the changes suggested previously, but also includes additional changes in the file linking. In addition, my understanding is some of the numerical parameters were adjusted as were some of the sound files themselves.

Al

Edited by ark

3 hours ago, StewartH said:

Bob, Using Don Grovestine's CYBL maybe?

Thanks for the HU Stew, didn't know the Don Grovesttine's addon airports existed, downloaded, installed into p3d v4.3 (w10) and done my first takeoff and landing , brilliant.

Like to fly in the BC area, Vancouver island as have visited my brother who lives there and worked in Campbell River. 

many thanks ...bob

1 hour ago, onebob said:

Thanks for the HU Stew, didn't know the Don Grovesttine's addon airports existed, downloaded, installed into p3d v4.3 (w10) and done my first takeoff and landing , brilliant.

Like to fly in the BC area, Vancouver island as have visited my brother who lives there and worked in Campbell River. 

many thanks ...bob

You're very welcome, Bob.  I first discovered his stuff for FSX, but, of course, it's no available for P3Dv4.  He's done a nice job.  Some of the HTAI Cessnas, if you have them installed, however, have to be taken out of active use, since they were originally made for FS9 and they will crash P3Dv4.  Too bad, I enjoyed watching them to do touch-and-gos, but no more.  I think there's a way to convert them to FSX-type models, but I'll have to check further. 

Stew

10 hours ago, StewartH said:

Stew,

Lots of good info here http://www.cessnaconquest.net/30/30.html  at least with respect to the real C441.

Al

Edited by ark