Sign in to follow this  
edu2703

TFDi 717 Strange fonts on displays

I recently bought and installed TFDi 717 on my FSX: SE, but something seems not right, judging by the fonts that are too big and makes it almost impossible to read the instruments

DhhSzEvXUAEAQnL.jpg

Is there any way to fix this?

Are any other of your FSX aircraft affected?  Just wondering if the font that is supposed to be used for the TFDi 717 is missing and another is being substituted.  Be sure to check several other aircraft.

Found this on another site.   Go to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TFDi Design Addon Manager\Downloads\13 and open the Fonts.1.0.7.4.zip and install all the fonts manually and see if it fixes the issue.

Seems like that aircraft has special fonts that are included.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just now, charliearon said:

Are any other of your FSX aircraft affected?  Just wondering if the font that is supposed to be used for the TFDi 717 is missing and another is being substituted.  Be sure to check several other aircraft.

Is only the TFDi 717. Other aircrafts are normal

1 minute ago, edu2703 said:

Is only the TFDi 717. Other aircrafts are normal

See my post again.  I updated some info for you!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Found this on another site.   Go to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TFDi Design Addon Manager\Downloads\13 and open the Fonts.1.0.7.4.zip and install all the fonts manually and see if it fixes the issue.

Strange. The ''Downloads'' folder on my PC is empty.

I wonder if I can download this file somewhere

Since I don't have this aircraft I would have thought that this fonts .zip file would be part of the aircraft download.  Are you following the path that I listed?

Charlie Aron

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Since I don't have this aircraft I would have thought that this fonts .zip file would be part of the aircraft download.  Are you following the path that I listed?

Yes!

C:\Users\(My name)\AppData\Local\TFDi Design Addon Manager\Downloads

''Downloads'' folder is empty

Guess your next step is to contact those you bought this aircraft from and see if they can get you the proper fonts.

Charlie Aron

you need to install the fonts in windows. Navigate to the folder of the 717 fonts inside your fsx-se location and install all the tfdi fontby selecting them and do a right mouse button click -> install.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

In P3Dv4.5 I just went into the actual simulator directory and went into the Fonts folder... scroll down until you see the TFDi Fonts, right click on each one and select install. Done, Fixed. For some reason the fonts are not automatically installed into your windows system so this does that. Cheers!!