Sign in to follow this  
bhorv67

LatinVFR KBWI Performance Issues

I've been trying since I purchased the addon to get a post onto the Latinvfr forum, but they haven't activated my account. 

Performance at KBWI in a default plane, with no weather addons running, clear skies, P3d settings in the middle, has been less than 10fps. I normally should be getting 30+ at any airport on the ground.

I've turned off photoreal scenery in their manager UI, but doesn't affect performance. The airport as it is for me is unusable. I've tried some VFR flights in the DC area, and once I get off the ground, fps comes back up to 30+. On approach to KBWI as I'm getting closer to the ground, fps gets less and less, until the plane is uncontrollable due to low fps. 

When I first installed, I cleared the shader cache, restored PTA back to factory shaders. I'm not running SkyForce - this is just P3d, with Orbx base and that's it. 

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas what to try?

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

Brian:

Good luck getting activated on the Cayman Airways (LatinVFR) forum!  I have been trying for months even to the point of sending messages to Ricardo with no response. Maybe someone who reads this post can tell us how to get activated.

Since I live about 7 miles from KBWI on the approach to 33L, I can't wait for the FSX version to come out since I don't use P3D (I know this is a P3D forum)!   Good luck getting your issue resolved!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

As a native Baltimorean I waited forever to get KBWI in fsx. It was the first airport in XP11 I purchased . The XP11 one is okay. i hope they (latin vfr) gets this right before i buy it for p3d. Love to see a Fly tampa or flightbeam version of this airport.

:P Timothy Murphy

4 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

I've been trying since I purchased the addon to get a post onto the Latinvfr forum, but they haven't activated my account. 

Performance at KBWI in a default plane, with no weather addons running, clear skies, P3d settings in the middle, has been less than 10fps. I normally should be getting 30+ at any airport on the ground.

I've turned off photoreal scenery in their manager UI, but doesn't affect performance. The airport as it is for me is unusable. I've tried some VFR flights in the DC area, and once I get off the ground, fps comes back up to 30+. On approach to KBWI as I'm getting closer to the ground, fps gets less and less, until the plane is uncontrollable due to low fps. 

When I first installed, I cleared the shader cache, restored PTA back to factory shaders. I'm not running SkyForce - this is just P3d, with Orbx base and that's it. 

This is odd as I have found the airport to have very little performance impact vs the default.  Have you added a modified KBWI "AFCAD" file in the past that might still be active?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Performance is okay on my end.  My problem is that there are hills in the airfield.  A few others have a similar problem, and we posted it on their FB page, but still no reply as far as I know.  These guys do good scenery but don't seem that active on the support end, unless I'm missing something.

11 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

Performance is okay on my end.  My problem is that there are hills in the airfield.  A few others have a similar problem, and we posted it on their FB page, but still no reply as far as I know.  These guys do good scenery but don't seem that active on the support end, unless I'm missing something.

Those hills represent the actual terrain of the airport. LatinVFR did the same thing as Flightbeam did with KDEN

• Upvote 1

HAPPY FLYING
~G "Heavy1216" Edge

Intel Core i9 10850k 5.0ghz, GeFore RTX 3080 , ASUSTek Prime Z490-V, 32GB DDR4 3600

Thanks for the head's up, I'll go and eat crow on FB now hehe....

Edited by dal330200

18 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

What are your AA settings?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Some attention to AI traffic is warranted, too, especially if you are using other DC-area add-ons, like Drzewiecki's Washington (which includes Reagan National and Andrews AFB) and FSDT Dulles.  Even without the scenery add-ons, the AI traffic programs will throw a huge amount of AI into the area if not carefully managed.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

On 7/7/2018 at 5:55 PM, bhorv67 said:

Hi, please verify your AA settings, try checking to see if a lower setting would help, if not email us to support(at)latinvfr.com and we will further help you with some tests. Generally speaking not too many issues with performance but there are a few reports here and there that are remedied with a lower AA setting.

18 hours ago, dal330200 said:

Hi, this is due to having mesh setting at 1M, please have it above 2 meters, 3, 4 and so on.

22 hours ago, t4murphy said:

As a native Baltimorean I waited forever to get KBWI in fsx. It was the first airport in XP11 I purchased . The XP11 one is okay. i hope they (latin vfr) gets this right before i buy it for p3d. Love to see a Fly tampa or flightbeam version of this airport.

The scenery is coming for FSX in the coming weeks. The customized mesh that we have in P3D and its a bit heavy in polygons will not be present in the FSX version.

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

What are your AA settings?

4x MSAA. FXAA off

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

18 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, please verify your AA settings, try checking to see if a lower setting would help, if not email us to support(at)latinvfr.com and we will further help you with some tests. Generally speaking not too many issues with performance but there are a few reports here and there that are remedied with a lower AA setting.

4x MSAA, FXAA - off. 

Any reason I can't get my account activated on the LVFR forum?

Brian Horvath

12 minutes ago, bhorv67 said:

4x MSAA, FXAA - off. 

Any reason I can't get my account activated on the LVFR forum?

I am sorry about the issues trying to activate an account on the LVFR forum, the person who activates is some one else. I am emailing him as we speak so that he can activate all the pending accounts. my apologies.

as for your issues, with default KBWI what fps are you getting?

On 7/8/2018 at 8:01 PM, LVFRicardo said:

I am sorry about the issues trying to activate an account on the LVFR forum, the person who activates is some one else. I am emailing him as we speak so that he can activate all the pending accounts. my apologies.

as for your issues, with default KBWI what fps are you getting?

With all med settings in P3d 4.3, I'm getting an avg of 8-10 on the ground. As soon as I take off, fps improves to 25-30 in the surrounding area. 

Brian Horvath