Sign in to follow this  
Bryan K

RXP 750 and/or 650?

I am looking for a twin GA aircraft, and other forum posts have lead me to the 310R by MilViz. I would like to use the RXP 750 in that aircraft. Do I also need the 650 or will the 750 be sufficient? 

Thanks,

Bryan

The RXP GTN 750 fits in nicely into the Milviz C310 Redux.  Milviz provides only direct placement of the F1 GTN 750.  The related Milviz application will configure a placeholder of that GTN into the panel, even if you do not own it, and then you can use the RXP configurator that is built into their software to place the RXP GTN 750 into that panel space  It's simple, and if you stumble when attempting to do so you will find help here.  

The RXP GTN touch screen will work 100%, but if you wish to use the knobs and physical keys you may need to use the 2D popup.  With the touch screen the keys and tuning knobs are not needed with exception of the D-> key.  I use the the 2D popup often anyway as the GTN is rather small in the Redux panel.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

thanks. Can't seem to get it to work so far. I get rxpGTNsim32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. I also have issues with ESET saying a suspicious application Win32/Packed.Thermida was found in a file that GTN Simulatertried to access, the file was deleted. Guess I'm going to have to play around a bit to figure this one out. 

Ok, managed to get it to pop out, but cant get it to show inside the panel. The sim just crashed when I tried that.

I seem to have it set up inside the panel now. The RXP 750 will load in the small window, but if I click to enlarge it, I get a black box and the entire program just shuts down, back to desk top.  Not sure what to do from that point.

1 hour ago, Bryan K said:

I seem to have it set up inside the panel now. The RXP 750 will load in the small window, but if I click to enlarge it, I get a black box and the entire program just shuts down, back to desk top.  Not sure what to do from that point.

Go to your documents folder. You should have 2 RXP log files. Post the contents here.

Hi Bill,

I have three files (rxpGTN.gau, rxpGTN_menu.dll, and rxpGtnSim.dll) in my Documents folder (C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive\Documents). I also have a Reality XP folder which contains another folder called GTN Simulation that contains FltSim folder which holds RealityXP.GTN file. I don't see any .txt files of any kind that might be logs.  I'll keep looking. I also keep getting a file deleted by ESET, when I run so I have to turn off ESET whenever I load Reality XP or try and change a setting.

@Bryan K
Hi Bryan,

I mentioned 2 files in the documents folder I should have said 3 files anyway it appears you have the correct files. Is your system set to hide the file extensions? The 3 files should have the .log extension. They can be opened with notepad. You can right click on each file and choose open with notepad.
The 3 file are:
rxpGTN.gau.log
rxpGtnSim.dll.log
rxpGTN_menu.dll.log

Edited by Bills511
  • Upvote 1

Hi Bill,

I was able to get it to load correctly, after I reinstalled everything including the garmin trainer (ESET kept deleting a file) on my last attempt last night, I think. Regardless, here are the contents:

18/07/08 03:22:14.492 22676 -    ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.3.0
18/07/08 03:22:14.492 22676 INFO ]

18/07/08 03:22:11.241 25160 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.2.0
18/07/08 03:22:11.257 25160 INFO ] edit panel: D:\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV_C310R\panel\panel.cfg

18/07/08 03:22:17.631 22676 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.3.0
18/07/08 03:22:17.630 22676 INFO ]
18/07/08 03:22:19.393 20072 INFO ]

Other than those lines, the document is empty.

3 hours ago, Bryan K said:

Hi Bill,

I was able to get it to load correctly, after I reinstalled everything including the garmin trainer (ESET kept deleting a file) on my last attempt last night, I think. Regardless, here are the contents:

So you have it fully functional now? 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

As of last night, it worked once. So I'm hopeful. I'll test it again once it cools down around here. I still haven't fixed ESET flagging the GPN file as a virus and deleting it. 

12 hours ago, Bryan K said:

I still haven't fixed ESET flagging the GPN file as a virus and deleting it. 

I have not used ESET but each and every AV I have used had the ability at the user level to identify and exclude false positive ID's files.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I have excluded all the garmin, reality XP folders I can find. It still picks it up. I'm sure its just an ESET setting, but I haven't found it yet.

A good AV program will quarantine a file and you should be able somewhere in the AV program to identify specific files it has quarantined.  Then you focus on having your AV program ignore that or those specific files.  

18 hours ago, Bryan K said:

It still picks it up

What is the filename of the specific file the AV is taking exception to?

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

The alert says: Suspicious application removed. A suspicious application (Win32/Packed.Themida) was found in a file that GTN Simulator.exe tried to access. The file has been deleted. When that pops up I get a warning GTN Simulator.exe - Bad Image. C:\Program Data\reality XP\rxpGTNsim32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc0000022.

After I get this, I did restore the quarantined file but was still having issues, so I reinstalled. I just have to remember to turn off ESET to fly this plane. I have excluded the folders that related to anything Garmin and Reality XP, but re-reading the error message seems to indicate that GTN Simulator.exe is accessing a file elsewhere that may be the culprit.