Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

B747-8 Beta PIREP

On 7/16/2018 at 7:36 PM, lasnubes said:

Here's an illustration of newer technology at work. 

What is the cyan dashed line overlapping the route on the ND?

James Goggi

2 hours ago, jgoggi said:

What is the cyan dashed line overlapping the route on the ND?

I am guessing he had setup RTE 2 as well

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I have a question: Is the fuel management automatically in the -8? I think there is an "AUTO" mode like it is in the T7,  right?  

37 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

I have a question: Is the fuel management automatically in the -8? I think there is an "AUTO" mode like it is in the T7,  right?  

If you mean the tank to engine no, this still needs to be done by the crew.

There is an AUTO option in the FMC options that allows to automatically go to tank/engine but this is not an option in the real plane.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

What "auto" mode was there in the 777?

I ment the fuel pump switches set to "AUTO". I thought that the fuel /tank management in the -8 is automatic. 

16 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

I ment the fuel pump switches set to "AUTO"

This is not a thing.

Kyle Rodgers

16 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

I ment the fuel pump switches set to "AUTO". I thought that the fuel /tank management in the -8 is automatic. 

Ditto what Kyle asked..... there is not an AUTO fuel pump position in the 777.  When CWT falls below a specified level for given flight conditions then there is an advisory message that the crew must shut off the pumps.  This is common to all Boeings, but it is not automatic.

As for the 748 fuel management, it is similar but not the same as the 744 and as in all cases there is no automatic fuel management.  So this begs the question as to what you are referring to? Be specific and lets see if we can straighten this out.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Ditto what Kyle asked..... there is not an AUTO fuel pump position in the 777.  When CWT falls below a specified level for given flight conditions then there is an advisory message that the crew must shut off the pumps.  This is common to all Boeings, but it is not automatic.

As for the 748 fuel management, it is similar but not the same as the 744 and as in all cases there is no automatic fuel management.  So this begs the question as to what you are referring to? Be specific and lets see if we can straighten this out.

You and Kyle already answered my question ;). I only wanted to know if the fuel management in the 748 is similar to the 747. Thank you 

The key word being similar- NOT the same 🙂

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Does anyone know why it is not automatic tank to engine on the 744/748? What is the logic behind it? 

2 hours ago, VHOJT said:

Does anyone know why it is not automatic tank to engine on the 744/748? What is the logic behind it? 

I can't really unterstand why Boeing did not automated the tank to engine logic on the 747-8. It seems that the -8 is not so advanced like i thought 

3 hours ago, VHOJT said:

I don't know, but my guess:

Automating the fuel system would require a complete redesign of the FSMCs and other associated equipment. All this work would need to be tested and certified and that would cost an awful lot of money for very little reward.

It would also be another difference to the 744 which would creep closer to a separate type rating, something which would be very unpopular with airlines - why 'upgrade' if you're going to have to spend millions retraining your entire workforce?

It would also be another difference to the 744 which would creep closer to a separate type rating, something which would be very unpopular with airlines - why 'upgrade' if you're going to have to spend millions retraining your entire workforce?

They probably forgot to take into account the requirements of a few thousand fussy flightsim enthusiasts :laugh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Its also part of the reason the 748 sold so poorly. 

Edited by captainsazzman

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg