Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

... and NOT the Caviar!

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

15 hours ago, mtrainer said:

As popular as the last passenger flight they did to Hawaii (completely booked) one would think they would do a few more of these "special" flights, especially considering that airplane buffs would be willing to pay a little more.  Deck it out in early 70s garb, serve good hot food, great service, bar/piano upstairs and show the current generation what flying used to be about.  If they built this, people would come.

My first thought was, hey good idea!  But then I started thinking about aviation before the Queen came along... have you seen "Catch Me If You Can?"  It was glamorous, it was expensive and cabin attendants had to be young and pretty.  You wore a suit or dress.  Then the Queen came along and cut the cost of travel so much that it was no longer a luxury for most, and most can fly. It is no longer glamorous, and the attire is "casual street."  I'm old enough and thanks to the military to have a few trips on a Queen, both empty and full... empty is great.  Full is well more like being in a cattle pen.  My favorite trip of all time in a commercial aircraft was returning  home from a year on a Greek Island (tough job, someone had to do it) flying TWA B747 from Athens (Hellenikon back then) to JFK with a stop in Rome, I was able to add $400 of my money to the military travel request (MTR is how military pays for seats) and upgrade to Ambassador class (TWA Business class).  Ah! That was a great flight!!

Dan Downs KCRP

My best flight ever-

I was on a business trip from Dallas DFW to Boston Logan Intl. for a week back in the early 90s (in the Hamptons no less!  They put me up in a Bed and Breakfast too...).   Anyhow coming home at night they needed to move a MD-11 from Boston to Dallas for a morning trip to Paris and they told us that the plane was configured for International Travel, AND....there was hardly anyone on the flight!   You could raise the armrests and lay down in your own row with blankets and pillows, which we all did.   The stewardesses I suspect loved that flight too, there was very little for them to do.

Still, I always wanted to ride on the 747 and one of my good friends has taken countless flights on them, and could care less about what type of plane he flies on.  Earlier this year he took a flight from Silicon Valley (San Fran) to the UK....I asked him, "So what kind of plane were you on?".   "I don't know....let me look at my ticket....".   "It says it was an A380."

Good grief.

Mark Trainer

Spending a while at low level flying NIDA approaches to test IAN Indications... and whilst mucking about in the fog, I happened to poke my head outside...

YPMHb06.jpg

"Isn't she lovely?" "Isn't she won-der-ful?"

uZvgkAx.jpg

Q6VprtI.jpg

Just look at how far we've come with lighting in v4.3... the splayed brightness over the compound curves of the fuselage and nacelles is heart-achingly beautiful. The gleam of painted aluminum, illuminated by piercingly bright LEDs, all moving ever so slightly, in rocking shadows is entrancing. 

Wait till you see the MCP and EFIS knobs blooming on the upside, murky on the downside, only lit by ambient light streaming in through the panes on a dark cargo ramp, with one obnoxiously bright Cree lamp- fantastic stuff!

C

Edited by scandinavian13
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

11 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Wait till you see the MCP and EICAS knobs blooming on the upside, murky on the downside, only lit by ambient light streaming in through the panes on a dark cargo ramp, with one obnoxiously bright Cree lamp- fantastic stuff!

Talk dirty to me...

I just wish PMDG included dynamic lighting for the -8 cockpit. It’s becoming more common at this price point. Hopefully we’ll see it in the future...

Alex Pugh

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I just wish PMDG included dynamic lighting for the -8 cockpit. It’s becoming more common at this price point. Hopefully we’ll see it in the future...

Alex Pugh

This would be nice, especially at the price point.  But still buying the -8 when it comes out and my refresh button is hurting right now.

5 hours ago, Sven Cella said:

Talk dirty to me...

WHQolge.jpg

As Leonard would say, "...your crazy (sounds) all around, your secrets all in view"... my don't was saying do.. Let's keep it on the level 😉

A very familiar place to come to work, and yet brand new... and not too shabby IMHO :)  Thank God RSR made them hoover this one! 

It's even better when you step onto the Flight Deck, and are surrounded by electronic and wind noise.  The sound cocoon that Armen has created is right up there with his very best work, and the (willing) suspension of disbelief, is easily achievable.  You have seen bits of her, but her sounds are most endearing as well.

The other night, turning on to the active, with the lights bouncing, metal creaking, fans whirring and her bulk apparent all around me, my left hand on the tiller, my right pushing the outer throttle a half knob forward; I swear I leaned waaaay over to make sure I wouldn't take out the edge lighting.  She Who Must Be Obeyed happened to walk by and just shook her head (again)... but it felt that real- "...little by little we're cutting the cord!"

Anyone else old enough to remember, "I left my heart, in......."

IM5DGdT.jpg

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Cleethorpes?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Well spotted Richard!  I can always count on you 😉

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Cavaricooper, 

Do you know MMO about B747-8? Did you test about this? Because i know the MMO for B747-400 is Mach.90, but i don't know MMO for B747-8. It's the same speed?

Best Regards.

14 minutes ago, Fabiano.S said:

Cavaricooper, 

Do you know MMO about B747-8? Did you test about this? Because i know the MMO for B747-400 is Mach.90, but i don't know MMO for B747-8. It's the same speed?

Best Regards.

This isn't even in the FCOM... according to Wikipedia the MMO for the -8 is the same at 0.90 Mach.  I don't think anybody is flying these because they are fast... it's the economy that matters and I assume most operators are flying with a CI 80 or less, that equates to cruise around 0.84 Mach.  The different in flight time between 0.84 and 0.90 is not much but the cost difference is significant.

Dan Downs KCRP