Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

B747-8 Beta PIREP

9 hours ago, redsonssi said:

Ready to buy. I hope it will be released soon.

Kim Young Ju

It will be ready around the time you have disarmed Kim. Don't hold your breath.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

20 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

For all those wondering about performance in the 747-8 expansion- I am NOT a numbers guy, rather pre-occupied with flight feel and sum of experience.  For all things P3D related, I rely on advice and guidance from @SteveW Steve Waite- the genius behind CodeLegend.  Based on his input (and appropriate for MY TYPE of P3D use) I do have my frames locked at 24, and use an Affinity Mask whilst running one 4k screen.  That said, I have posted numerous photos in this and a couple of other threads- so you are seeing what I am seeing.

The flight fluidity and feel is at least as good as the current 744.  There is no issue with taxying, in fact, I have gotten to relish this part of the flight experience.  There is residual thrust/motion from the idling engines, and despite the notorious issues with ground friction modeling, there does seems to be a certain amount of "push".  While the aeroplane does not continue to accelerate, as it would IRL at light weights, there is a relatable relationship between throttle movement, thrust modeling and GS response; enough so that this bit has been noticeably more satisfying.

In 90 degree turns on the ground (my visual performance nemesis) there is sufficient fluidity and bulk, to allow for a willing suspension of disbelief.

In the air, rotation and in flight performance are as good as, or better than the rest of PMDG's offerings.  The occasional long frame/ 2-3 second pause still plagues me during late arrival and approach- but that is not something isolated to the 747-8 and something that I hope will fade away as P3D continues to evolve.

All in all- if you can run the 747 comfortably on your system, there should be no reason you aren't happy with the performance of the -8 Expansion.

HTH for now, I'm sure there will be videos showing all this off, soon 🙂

C

That's one of the best things about PMDG products.  They are not total resource hogs like some others.

Can I just say that I’m reeeeally looking forward to the -8? In the -400 last night I hand flew the visual approach to 13L at JFK. So immersive, and so much fun.  A damn good add-on and I can’t wait to see what the -8 brings. I also flew into a very rainy DEN and could’ve used those  windshield effects! 

Alex Pugh

Alex-

In much the same way as the 77W flies a bit differently than the 77L, the -8’s added dimensions and aerodynamics have her flying a bit differently from her older sibling.

Whilst they share a type rating, you will never mix up one for the other. My years of adoration have entrenched my affection for the -400, but very now and then I find my self whistling softly in admiration of the -8.

Obviously, I cast a worried eye around, to ensure G-CIVX didn’t hear me!

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

18 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Whilst they share a type rating, you will never mix up one for the other. My years of adoration have entrenched my affection for the -400, but very now and then I find my self whistling softly in admiration of the -8.

Hey Carl,

We have a few real world pilots who post here that fly both all the time, they'd be able to provide more insight to the differences if the mood hits them. :)

One is a 767 Captain now while the other is still in the 747-4/8 (That I know of...there may be more lurking out there)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve-

I believe I am in communication with them both, and a few others as well.  The 747 family has many aficionados :)

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

10 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Carl,

We have a few real world pilots who post here that fly both all the time, they'd be able to provide more insight to the differences if the mood hits them. :)

One is a 767 Captain now while the other is still in the 747-4/8 (That I know of...there may be more lurking out there)

Yes we do lurk about!😬

Cheers!

Todd Hontz 

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

I’m glad to hear PMDG getting recognition for focusing on in-sim performance. So much time and effort is spent on coding efficiently. These guys are the unsung heros. We all see the modeling and the systems depth, but it’s nice to know that at least a few are recognizing the enormity of the work required to do all that efficiently.

C

• Like 5

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

I’m glad to hear PMDG getting recognition for focusing on in-sim performance. So much time and effort is spent on coding efficiently. These guys are the unsung heros. We all see the modeling and the systems depth, but it’s nice to know that at least a few are recognizing the enormity of the work required to do all that efficiently.

C

Amen to that

With the latest installers in, and the evening ahead, I settled in to work another company "B" flight with the -8F.  There were a slew of items to work through and verify, but on the long roll from BA Cargo at LHR out to 27R the memories came flooding back.  As I passed the BA Maintenance area, the familiarity was overwhelming.  Then we continued down Alpha to line up and wait via A3.  There was a brief moment we were idle and I poked my head outside.  There are so many things so right with a 747 airframe on 27R at LHR, the nostalgia was overwhelming...

x0Gm6Yk.jpg

I have lost count of how many departures I have made from this exact spot, each one an enthusiastic journey to the far reaches of the planet. each one aboard a 747-436... but not this time... this time, it was different- yet so familiar all the same.  The Lake District would soon be behind us... but for the moment, the golden sunlight was glorious.

YMFpctq.jpg

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Dude I missed the last installer update. ..can you please send it to me?

spacer.png

Sure Chris- the installer is in the mail... somewhere in the lower hold...

XNtQhQG.jpg

IjaYUyO.jpg

RvOPqBK.jpg

Anyone else fond of Scallops?  Yum!

viS2r5p.jpg

See Chris, I've even saved your seat for you... or it it's Andy's?

VNWI6NB.jpg

😉

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

24 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Sure Chris- the installer is in the mail... somewhere in the lower hold...

XNtQhQG.jpg

IjaYUyO.jpg

RvOPqBK.jpg

Anyone else fond of Scallops?  Yum!

viS2r5p.jpg

See Chris, I've even saved your seat for you... or it it's Andy's?

VNWI6NB.jpg

😉

C

Thanks!