Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

B747-8 Beta PIREP

You're welcome, glad you're tagging along!

Just now, peering through the murk at the turn-off, with the green grass along the tiny taxi way, stark white fence line ahead and drizzle on the Perspex, I was fully aware of the windshield- dimensionally. I "knew" where the curve was, felt the bulk of the nose ahead, knew where the flat plate started bending to make the "A" pillar curve, and was fully aware of the space around me.  To lose yourself 3 dimensionally, within a 2 dimensional screen is not an easy thing to do- yet, somehow it is possible. Just look at the light bloom on the knobs, the intermixing of light and dark, with shadows upon shadows.  Now imagine it all moving, and rotating in the turn....the rivulets of water running down the curvature only added to the ambience.

DkoXep9.jpg

The cockpit sound cocoon envelopes you with sound from all 360 degrees.  You are aware of your place, slightly left of center line- and not just when the runway lights are running down your inner thigh. Just wait till you hear the hyro-pneumatic squeak of the Speed Brake lever going back into it's down position-  Liquid, mechanical actuation and air have become real creations- bravo Armen!

0lS0VvS.jpg

I look forward to the fence going down, and your collective reactions after you spend time with this lady... "soon" I'm told.... 😉

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

thanks for the screenshots and for the images so xxx I ask you a question what scenarios do you use?

Edited by Steven Silva

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

Sorry Steven, I don't follow... could you expand...?

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

7 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Just a guess, mind you, but maybe he meant sceneries?

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

...coming home over London City, with the GEnXs whispering and the familiar landscape rolling by below... LHR just ahead...

a4xbgBb.jpg

1500, LAND 3 GREEN, ROLLOUT armed, FLARE armed. Landing Checks complete, Missed Approach Alt set 3000 and 27L just ahead- a short taxy to BA cargo today!

CLygmUS.jpg

... and vacating at Sierra 6 was not a problem this morning.  Despite using idle reverse, and AB2 with her fresh from CWL and empty, the turn-off wasn't an issue.  The departure at full thrust however, was an exercise in stress management. Clawing for the sky empty, results in obscene deck angles, so as not to over speed the flaps.  Add to that an initial clearance of only 6000, and a single pilot maximum performance T/O in the 747-800F keeps one awake without any need for Caffeine!

CpIFHJm.jpg

Who knows where she's off to next...

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

18 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

C

addon scenary you use

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Steven-

... quite a lot actually... Pilot's Ultimate Mesh and almost everything Orbx, FlyTampa, Taxi2Gate, FSDT, FlightBeam, UK2000, PACsim and LatinVFR make.  Then there's Aerosoft, DD and several more- too much to list here.

The stock P3D world leaves a lot of room for decorating 😉

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Steven-

... quite a lot actually... Pilot's Ultimate Mesh and almost everything Orbx, FlyTampa, Taxi2Gate, FSDT, FlightBeam, UK2000, PACsim and LatinVFR make.  Then there's Aerosoft, DD and several more- too much to list here.

The stock P3D world leaves a lot of room for decorating 😉

C

ok thnkx C and I hope that soon you share a video with us🙏🙌

Edited by Steven Silva

Steven Silva

Spoiler

.....and a single pilot maximum performance T/O in the 747-800F.....

You disappoint me, Carl :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You disappoint me, Carl :wink:

Carl is not available currently, we have him in the PMDG dungeon where we make sure he will not call it 800 again 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

The reception in Cell Block 13 is terrible, but as soon as I’m allowed off “the rack” and get some gruel I will write out my lines a hundred times...

Boeing makes a 747-8, NOT a 747-800!

Etcetera, excetera, excetra...

C

PS- I promise to work harder Christopher L

PPS- Steven, I’m a complete git when it comes to videos... thankfully there are others much smarter than I... stay tuned.

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thankfully, Chris was feeling benevolent this morning (he actually got a few hours of sleep) and allowed me a reprieve...

I spent the better part of the morning running RTO tests at SFO and have a couple of thoughts I wanted to share-

As I was parked at Plot 50- the route to 1L was horrible- circuitous and tight. Perfect! What I came to appreciate was the performance I was getting on the ground.  Whilst I seldom have issues airborne, my performance nemesis has always been 90 degree turns on the ground.  There, at a high detail airport, with the detail at maximum, with lots of objects close by in view to emphasize each and every stutter or pause- I find I can see any deficiencies.

Today, I was busy keeping the raked tips out of the fuel bowsers and allowing for sufficient nose wheel oversteer to compensate for my added length.  It was only after we doused the lights and straightened out on Bravo after crossing both runways, did I realize that I had been allowed to forget about simulator performance and concentrate on the environment at hand.  At KSFO this meant 2 things- One- PMDG has worked very hard on optimizing the aircraft for performance and two- FlightBeam has done a similarly superb job- Bravo Zulu!

Take a look at this photo- observe the light streaming down from apron lighting.  Watch it cascade over curved aluminum, watch it diffuse over distance- going from white bright, to a rosy glow without interrupted variation.  Watch as it travels around circumferences and flat plates. Observe shadows in nacelle scallops and bright tips of flap canoes.  Now, imagine it rocking softly at 5kts GS with noise.  The muffled residual of thrust wake as you pass far behind, the shriek of air being converted into thrust as you move in front of the GEnX's intake, the thud of the nosewheel as it passes center line lighting, the white noise of cockpit fans and the click of switches. 

to7QSph.jpg

Something wonderful awaits you, clothed in early morning light.

C
  • Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

41 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:
Something wonderful awaits you, clothed in early morning light.

my holiday is getting closer. It seems, if PMDG is quick enough, I have done SOMEthing right this year... at least.. ^^

1080TI :ph34r:

Edited by Ephedrin

Just past LAS and headed down to PHX.. have I mentioned how much I LOVE what ORBX does to the FS World?

JAhLCCS.jpg

...or FlightBeam for that matter...

8tiF8TA.jpg

BdZ5Cgz.jpg

7K7JHW0.jpg

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 5

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper