Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

B747-8 Beta PIREP

9 hours ago, maukro_1990 said:

I´m a fsx user, too. Are the frames the same as with the PMDG T7? 

I'm not a FSX user, platform is P3Dv4.3 with frame rate limited to 24 fps (results are much different in FSX than P3D).  I think your question is how does the 747-8 perform relative to the 777?  Pretty much the same as the QOTSII or 777 in my opinion, except for the 77W GMCS and almost everything performs better than that.  It's getting harder and harder to compare FSX and P3D versions just based on lighting and shadows but then you get special effects like the rain and bugs that will never make it in FSX.  I thought the bug thing was a joke but after flying with it I am pretty sure I would miss the little critters if it was taken away.

Notice the airport diagram appearing in the ND display as I approach the airport.  Pretty cool.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On 8/15/2018 at 1:30 AM, downscc said:

Today a short hop KBWI to KMIA, about 2+00 flight time.  Departed KBWI rnw 28 with Q setting, which on this bird sets up a departure climb with just enough power to ensure a 1% climb gradient between 800 and 3000 AGL (selectable).  I was light (750,000 lbs is now light) so when the Q CLB  expired I realized I hadn't set up CLB 2 so a full CLB power created a sensation like a cork popping up out of the water.  Fun.  Shown below is the final approach just before I disconnect A/P on the KMIA ILS 12:

4YmSmdZ.jpg

Dan you forgot the passanger sign 😉

• Like 1

More testing today from Heathrow to Amsterdam.

2.jpg

But of course, the Queen is subject to none and so, is number 1 in sequence!

3.jpg

About to leave the shores of England

4.jpg

Over the Channel

5.jpg

And finally, into Amsterdam.

6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian Nellis

Glad to see that you can choose the dark versions of the Jepp charts.

Alex Pugh

26 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Glad to see that you can choose the dark versions of the Jepp charts.

Alex Pugh

The EFB Chart menu has a DAY or NIGHT chart display option.

Dan Downs KCRP

If I don't have a navigraph subscription can I still load up charts pdf offline into EFB? 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

On 7/8/2018 at 12:43 AM, beachdog2001 said:

Is this livery a nod to CaptainJoe?

Honestly one of the main reasons I'm so excited for the 748 is so I can do some more captain joe flights 😂 And am excited for rainmaker and the efb 😄

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

Actually, no. It was a reference to Joe Sutter and HIS INCREDIBLES.... he was a bit more involved in the 744 blossoming into this latest incarnation.

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

15 hours ago, vin747 said:

If I don't have a navigraph subscription can I still load up charts pdf offline into EFB? 

Yes buddy. You can. The efb handles PDFs extremely well. You’ll see.

Brian Nellis

On 8/16/2018 at 1:23 AM, klm251 said:

Dan you forgot the passanger sign 😉

He's not flying a passenger plane. He's flying cargo. 😄

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

16 minutes ago, bmccumiskey said:

He's not flying a passenger plane. He's flying cargo. 😄

There is still a pax sign in the freighter.  The EICAS message doesn't appear when the switch is in AUTO.  I don't usually switch it to ON, which will put a message up and I could see why some operators would do this because it also triggers a main deck alert.

Dan Downs KCRP

I hope rainmaker comes to the 744 at the same time as this expansion is released. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, downscc said:

Today a short hop KBWI to KMIA, about 2+00 flight time.  Departed KBWI rnw 28 with Q setting, which on this bird sets up a departure climb with just enough power to ensure a 1% climb gradient between 800 and 3000 AGL (selectable).  I was light (750,000 lbs is now light) so when the Q CLB  expired I realized I hadn't set up CLB 2 so a full CLB power created a sensation like a cork popping up out of the water.  Fun.  Shown below is the final approach just before I disconnect A/P on the KMIA ILS 12:

4YmSmdZ.jpg

Dan, curious to know what Miami-related sceneries you're using, as well as settings for density and whether you get the empty dark areas as the sceneries populate.  I'm running a rather robust system and still deal with those though admittedly my settings are up pretty high.

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals