Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

B747-8 Beta PIREP

3 hours ago, 1290SASRider said:

Dan, curious to know what Miami-related sceneries you're using, as well as settings for density and whether you get the empty dark areas as the sceneries populate.  I'm running a rather robust system and still deal with those though admittedly my settings are up pretty high.

Hi Dave:  Other than the Orbx North Americal openLC the only other addon scenery I have in this location is the LatinVFR KMIA.  No city stuff or anything like that.  I do sometimes see a scenery object rendered without textures so it appears black but the textures usually appear within a second or two.  Not the case in Miami.  My settings are pretty high and we have similar systems except that I use stock Turbo boost for my 8700K (4.7 GHz) and I have a dual SLI setup for the 1080Ti. 

In my opinion we have to live with some delayed texturing and occasional long frames for scenery objects no matter how powerful the system, this goes along with how autogen loads in blocks.  Just a limitation of the platform.  I got my fingers crossed that these minor irritants will be resolved if they go with a new rendering system in v5.  One can hope.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Agreed! I believe the community (and LM contracts) would be well served with full focus on the underlying code for the next evolution. At some point the backwards compatibility will become too heavy a cross to carry, and we will have to push away from the MS ESP code.

When that happens, despite all the ensuing screaming, we will truly take a leap forward.

But, for now, let’s turn our post’s attention back to the 747-8...

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Is there a final list of liveries that will accompany the release?

Alex Pugh 

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Is there a final list of liveries that will accompany the release?

Alex Pugh 

Alex,

The current list of liveries for the 748 and 748F are

Air Canada   Fictional new colors
Air Canada Fictional old colors
Air China
Air Force One Fictional
Air France Fictional
Air New Zealand Fictional
Air New Zealand Fictional all black
American Airlines Fictional
Asiana Airlines Fictional
Boeing Sunrise
British Airways Fictional
Delta Air Lines Fictional
Japan Airlines Fictional
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Fictional
Korean Airlines
Lufthansa New color
Lufthansa Old Color
Lufthansa Retro livery
Olympic Air Fictional
Pan American Airways Fictional
Qantas Airways Fictional
Singapore Airlines Fictional

Swiss Fictional

Virgin Atlantic Fictional

748F

Air France Cargo Fictional
AirBridgeCargo
Atlas Air  Palapina Livery
Atlas Air
Boeing Experimental Freighter
British Airways World Cargo
CargoLogicAir
Cargolux
Cathay Pacific Cargo Old Livery
Cathay Pacific Cargo New Livery
Cathay Pacific Cargo Hong Kong Trader Livery
Centurion Cargo Fictional
Etihad Cargo
FedEx Express Fictional
Japan Airlines Cargo Fictional
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Cargo Fictional
Korean Air Cargo
Nippon Cargo Airlines
Olympic Airways Fictional
Polar Air Cargo/DHL
Qatar Airways Cargo
Saudia Cargo
Silk Way West Airlines
Singapore Airlines Cargo Fictional
UPS Airlines

Edited by Olympic260
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Will the 747 Dreamlifter be half of the package B747-8i or maybe in future update of the 747-400 ???

22 minutes ago, itay5344 said:

Will the 747 Dreamlifter be half of the package B747-8i or maybe in future update of the 747-400 ???

If this was done, it would be only the external model something we no longer do. Only if we could simulate all the specific characteristics of that plane, which are not available

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Ooo. I will definitely check out the pan am livery for sure. 

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

4 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Sad to see so many fictional liveries on the list.  Those who do not understand all the reasons why the -8 was not accepted by all the airlines (but stood in line to buy her older sister many years ago), want to reason its because the -8 was not a great plane.  As WE all know, nothing could be further from the truth, and it was economics of our time that skewed the sales, not the plane itself. 

Boeing, by creating the 777, pretty much doomed all 3+ engined aircraft that followed.  Kinda' ironic. :unsure:  (well that and expanded ETOPS over the years)

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

27 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

(well that and expanded ETOPS over the years)

This is a major factor in the initial market success for the 777, in fact Boeing and Airbus fought a long haul battle where Boeing wanted regulators to permit ETOPS-180 fresh from the factory and Airbus fought hard against it to preserve their A340.  This battle was fought mostly behind the closed doors of regulators, where politics and money pave the hallways.

I'm not as well read on the battle to allow twins to fly the Atlantic that was fought years earlier.  The FAA was staunchly against anything with less that four engines flying any extended distances for years, much the same way bureaucrats today will not even consider a twin for presidential travel.  Has less to do with technology than it does with biased opinions.

Dan Downs KCRP

The A380 also has put a spanner in the works pax-wise I believe. 

I didn't realize that BA Cargo flew the 748. Does anyone have a link to see their routes and schedule? Wouldn't mind replicating these. 

Eric