Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

B747-8 Beta PIREP

I added GSXv2 yesterday and had an opportunity to customize jetways at KORD where I am just starting a session with the UAL B748 (Fictional).  SODE jetways looking good:

y5jd0BcgzXNVpduSHRdP5elYraptETjE3bu5o1TB

• Like 3

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, downscc said:

I added GSXv2 yesterday and had an opportunity to customize jetways at KORD where I am just starting a session with the UAL B748 (Fictional).  SODE jetways looking good:

we need some fs for the united 747. f

Edited by bmccumiskey

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

18 hours ago, downscc said:

Not trying to hijack or distract the thread here, but what are your thoughts on GSX 2?? Seems pretty steep for an expansion pack of ground services. 

• Upvote 1

Sode multiple jetways are a must for widebodies.. For that alone the price is worth it.. I had two important airports that didn't even have ctrl J jetways.. And now they have sode dual jetways.. How cool is that? And the moving pax looks cool thru a glass jetway.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

9 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Sode multiple jetways are a must for widebodies.. For that alone the price is worth it.. I had two important airports that didn't even have ctrl J jetways.. And now they have sode dual jetways.. How cool is that? And the moving pax looks cool thru a glass jetway.. 

Do you have to manually add dual jetways for each gate number?

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

I think you can add in a batch too but they won't be accurately placed.. It's a 10 min job to customize and place them carefully and test them.. I have a particular gate at each airport which I reserve for myself.. WAMA is a tool that let's you reserve gates so that AI doesn't occupy it.. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

1 hour ago, bmccumiskey said:

Do you have to manually add dual jetways for each gate number?

I already customize the gates use for GSX park stop point, type visual parking aid, ramp vehicle locations and pushback.  The same UI is expanded to include jetways so it only adds a few minutes the first use.  I keep a text file list of my customized gates and over the past couple of years I can now fly just about anywhere and have a gate ready for my 738, 744 or 77L or whatever.  Now that I am adding 748 to gates as I go adding the jetway is just not an issue.  Also... the GSX parking stop has been modified such that now it stops to align the door with jetway rather than stopping based on nose wheel location.  This makes it easier to use say either a 77L or 748 at same gate without mods.

I threw this into this topic specifically because I think it is a big deal for future 748 customers.

Dan Downs KCRP

Would it be possible to have a sneak preview of the British Airways and Qantas liveries? 

Thank you for all your work 🙂 

Always remember to check your oil quantities before a long haul, especially if you have the option to save the oil state enabled

Don't tell Robert that I blew 2 brand new engines please 🙂

OIL.jpg

Edited by Olympic260
  • Like 2

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

48 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Always remember to check your oil quantities before a long haul, especially if you have the option to save the oil state enabled

OIL.jpg

I thought this was already implemented in 747-400 QOTSII, isn't it? On the other hand I have 72 hours left for the next planned maintenance (service based failures enabled) for AirbridgeCargo VQ-BHE and never saw oil quantity decreased. If I remember correctly this option enabled in my configuration, but will check it

• USE LAST FLIGHT ENG OIL: This option stores the remaining engine oil at the end of a flight so that it will be the level at the beginning of the next flight (in the particular tail number, unless using a fixed config).

Anyway, this is great details! For me it's always not enough consequences for incorrect actions and always not enough environmental impacts on the airplane.

17 minutes ago, aeromaks said:

I thought this was already implemented in 747-400 QOTSII, isn't it? On the other hand I have 72 hours left for the next planned maintenance (service based failures enabled) for AirbridgeCargo VQ-BHE and never saw oil quantity decreased. If I remember correctly this option enabled in my configuration, but will check it

• USE LAST FLIGHT ENG OIL: This option stores the remaining engine oil at the end of a flight so that it will be the level at the beginning of the next flight (in the particular tail number, unless using a fixed config).

Anyway, this is great details! For me it's always not enough consequences for incorrect actions and always not enough environmental impacts on the airplane.

It was not working 100% correct on the previous version, we made sure that is working now 🙂

• Like 1

Chris Makris

7 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

It was not working 100% correct on the previous version, we made sure that is working now 🙂

Cool! Thanks for clarification Chris and all your efforts! Can't wait this update. 

2 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

OIL.jpg

If you use a standard panelstate each time you fly, eg cold and dark, will the oil levels be topped up each time?

I hope the new engines don't come out of your salary??😁

Edited by wijnand
typo

3 minutes ago, wijnand said:

If you use a standard panelstate each time you fly, eg cold and dark, will the oil levels be topped up each time?

I hope the new engines don't come out of your salary??😁

The oil quantity is not relevant with what panel state is used. It is saved per airframe

• Like 1

Chris Makris