Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

B747-8 Beta PIREP

Has the FPS with the taxi cam on improved at all in the -8 or is it about the same as the 777?

Alex Pugh

7 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Has the FPS with the taxi cam on improved at all in the -8 or is it about the same as the 777?

Alex Pugh

As far as i know, the 747-8 is not equipped with a taxi cam.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Camera, we don't need no stinking cameras.... 😉. More seriously, we do not currently have any cameras on board (I believe that a few RW airframes do have cams in the EFB area).

XL769QO.jpg

94661CH.jpg

The PMDG 747-8F, coming "soon" to a screen near you... sans camera :)

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 6

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

The PMDG 747-8F, coming "soon" to a screen near you... sans camera 🙂

Hurry up and deliver that freight...we cannot hold on any longer 😉 

Sheesh...take my money already 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

The PMDG 747-8F, coming soonTM  to a screen near you... sans camera 🙂

Edited by Jude Bradley
  • Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I do have one question regarding aircraft configuration. Obviously, there are differences between the -400 and the -8 regarding systems and equipment, but is it possible to load up the aircraft configuration of a -400 and then change only what was necessary or would that cause issues.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

5 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

The PMDG 747-8F, coming "soon" to a screen near you... sans camera :)

C

I am waiting too much ...

KIM young ju

Give us an Video Please 🙏😞 😞

Edited by Steven Silva

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

18 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I do have one question regarding aircraft configuration. Obviously, there are differences between the -400 and the -8 regarding systems and equipment, but is it possible to load up the aircraft configuration of a -400 and then change only what was necessary or would that cause issues.

Each aircraft is configured based on both it's variant (-400 -400ER -8I or -8F for example), in some cases engine choice, and registration or tail number.  I don't understand the question I guess.  Are you asking if the -400 can be configured to be a -8?  I assume you realize that there is a new wing and new engines as well as a lot of significant changes to systems.  In fact, it is amazing that the -8 resembles the -400 as much as it does but I suspect that is mostly by design to enhance pilot transition.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think Kevin was referring to aircraft config options on the FMC rather than the real aircraft.

Mauricio Brentano

4 hours ago, downscc said:

Each aircraft is configured based on both it's variant (-400 -400ER -8I or -8F for example), in some cases engine choice, and registration or tail number.  I don't understand the question I guess.  Are you asking if the -400 can be configured to be a -8?  I assume you realize that there is a new wing and new engines as well as a lot of significant changes to systems.  In fact, it is amazing that the -8 resembles the -400 as much as it does but I suspect that is mostly by design to enhance pilot transition.

Yes, I am aware there are significant differences between the two variants. What I am asking is, say I load up the -8 and try to load the aircraft configuration of the -400. Would some of the common settings like the TCAS range rings or altitude callouts, for instance, copy over to the -8 or would that cause issues.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

54 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Yes, I am aware there are significant differences between the two variants. What I am asking is, say I load up the -8 and try to load the aircraft configuration of the -400. Would some of the common settings like the TCAS range rings or altitude callouts, for instance, copy over to the -8 or would that cause issues.

I think there are too many differences between the two, for example there is an EFB with its suite of settings and the fuel system is different.  I don't think an attempt mix aircraft ini files would work.

Dan Downs KCRP

I too find myself looking at the A380 and thinking it looks like a bit of a bland whale.  But I'm certain it is a result of countless aerodynamic simulations and this is what made sense economically.

I'll miss the 747 when it is gone.  I dated a girl in high school who was very young at the time of her initial 747 flight but she remembered the upper deck having a piano.  Her dad was an airline captain.  Can you imagine the cringe factor these days of an airline hauling a PIANO around everywhere they went?  The execs rather tear their own hair out.

I never got to fly on the 747, and it looks like I probably never will.  As popular as the last passenger flight they did to Hawaii (completely booked) one would think they would do a few more of these "special" flights, especially considering that airplane buffs would be willing to pay a little more.  Deck it out in early 70s garb, serve good hot food, great service, bar/piano upstairs and show the current generation what flying used to be about.  If they built this, people would come.

Mark Trainer

Edited by mtrainer