Sign in to follow this  
newtie

SID/GTN750/P2ATC question

Hi all-

I'm using P2ATC in the Flysimware  Lear35 with the F1 GTN750.

Example: KSAN > KSFO, when I open the SID selection tool, the SIDs in P2ATC are different from the GTN750. In this case, the SIDs in the GTN are LNSAY5, PEBLE6, POGGI5 and BRDR7.

IN P2ATC, it's ECHHO2, FALCC1, MMOTO2, SAYOW2 and BRDR7. The only common SID between the two is BRDR7.

Why are these different?

Thanks,

Mark

The GTN750 uses outdated Garmin data files which would have different procedures than P2A which can be updated to the most recent data.

You would have to figure out how to get the data in the GTN750 to the same AIRAC level as P2A.  

Dave

I don't think this is possible, see this discussion:

But you can for example use Little Navmap and export the SIDs and STARs as datapoints and import that plan into the GTN750.

Personally, I won't use any planes with the 750 just because of that old navdata.

This is the link to a tutorial video that shows how you can export your Skyvector flight plans into Reality XP's GTN 750/650 with no error. The original message can be found in the 7 replies above but it could be missed if one one didn't dig into those replies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdrFphSDiQg

You don't need to jump through all the hoops in the video.  If you have a simple flight plan like theirs with only VORs and User Waypoints in your plan, you can export from Pilot2ATC direct to the GTN750 .gfp file format and it should load.  And, if you get a locked waypoint, you can edit it in the GTN just like in the video.

The problem arises when you are trying to import a flight plan with numerous waypoints or procedures that are not in the old Garmin data.  Many of the waypoints will be locked and you may not be able to edit all of them to a suitable alternative, not to mention the time consuming process it would take to manually edit the GTN and P2A flight plans so that they are the same before trying to fly them.

If you search the web, you should be able to find a more up to date data set for the GTN.  It won't be current, but the more up to date it is, the better chance you have of not having a problem.  

Thanks for that info Dave. I just purchased the latest Careado BC Bonanza F33A for Xp11 that was 750/650 "ready" and of course purchased the 750 as well. I'm liking both the plane and the navaid. Now I plan to d/l the trial version of P2ATC and if all goes well you will have another customer.