Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

3D pilots and passengers in every aircraft

Just added a Copilot to the 747, as I fly VR only it certainly adds a level of immersion I never had before.

If more models would be available with higher resolution, this could become a real winner, thanks for the effort.

Sven

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

Here are my paying passengers on a Flight Sim Economy flight from South Lake Tahoe to Reno ...

2018-7-8_23-37-38-916.png

2018-7-8_23-44-9-664.png

Redheads always get first choice of the Copilot's seat on my flights:biggrin:

Paul Davies.

Has any of you already tried to add a (co-)pilot while EZDOK has been installed as well? I am trying to add a co-pilot to one of my PMDG's 739's, but even though that I disable EZDOK, adding a co-pilot seems to be impossible. Can you give me a hint as to what I might be doing wrong, please?

Thanks a  lot.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

PMDG 747 with chaseplane worked without a problem. May be you need some time to make the pilot visible. It took a while on the 747 obviously...

BTW does anybody know, where the textures are located, I would try to improve them.

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

15 minutes ago, Chandler said:

May be you need some time to make the pilot visible. It took a while on the 747 obviously...

Thanks a bunch, will give it more time.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

33 minutes ago, Chandler said:

BTW does anybody know, where the textures are located, I would try to improve them.

Hi,

check the manual, page 17.

Content is located here:

"C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Lorby-SI Content\Content\SimObjects\Misc\PMX_Passengers"

When you create new models or textures, please share them! IMHO this tool only provides the tech, I am counting on the comunity to provide more content.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

50 minutes ago, hvw said:

Has any of you already tried to add a (co-)pilot while EZDOK has been installed as well? I am trying to add a co-pilot to one of my PMDG's 739's, but even though that I disable EZDOK, adding a co-pilot seems to be impossible. Can you give me a hint as to what I might be doing wrong, please?

Thanks a  lot.

Hi,

make sure that the position of the copilot is correct. On many aircraft (and PMDG too) the payload stations are located near the plane center. So the pilot model is there, but it is hidden in the middle of the aircraft. You best bet is to use "Add row" to add a new payload station for your FO, name it "FO", add the pilot model, and then go to outside view and spin the "Offset U/D" column of PMX upwards until you see your pilot emerge on top of the plane. Take it from there, move it forward and down again roughly in the region of the flight deck, then switch to VC view to fine-tune the position. Then press "apply", wait for the plane to reload. I did this yesterday with the NGX, took quite a bit of mousewheel spinning.

42604082644_a57c124088_c.jpg

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver,

I did as described by you, but when I restart P3Dv4 and select the 739 to which I "attached" the co-pilot, this co-pilot is not being reloaded. I will give it some more tries, no doubt I did something wrong :) (Yes, I did hit apply in PayloadManagerX before I restarted P3D)

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

38 minutes ago, hvw said:

Thanks Oliver,

I did as described by you, but when I restart P3Dv4 and select the 739 to which I "attached" the co-pilot, this co-pilot is not being reloaded. I will give it some more tries, no doubt I did something wrong 🙂 (Yes, I did hit apply in PayloadManagerX before I restarted P3D)

So the pilot model is still assigned in the list, but you can't see it in the sim? 

Can try to move either the model or the camera away from each other, see if the FO appears then? Maybe it is clipped by the EZDOK camera.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

17 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

So the pilot model is still assigned in the list, but you can't see it in the sim? 

Can try to move either the model or the camera away from each other, see if the FO appears then? Maybe it is clipped by the EZDOK camera.

Best regards

Will do so later today and keep you posted on my findings.

Best regards,

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

This is awesome.

On a funny note: Can someone make the inflatable pilot and flight attendant model - Just like the one in the "Airplane" movie.  It would be so cool to see that in these birds.  Great for screenshots too.

I was wondering when something like this would be done.  Last time something like this was seen in A2A Piper Cub.

PS - Fun things can start now as we do not have to worry about VAS anymore.  

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Best regards

All's working fine now, I moved the model just a tiny bit and now it shows. Thanks again, Oliver.

Best regards

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Just now, hvw said:

All's working fine now, I moved the model just a tiny bit and now it shows. Thanks again, Oliver.

Best regards

Hi,

you may want to check the "clipmode=" parameter of the EZDOK camera. Even for my normal VC view I usually use "Clipmode=Minimum". You will find this parameter in the appropriate camera definition in your "cameras.cfg" file in \AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

This parameter determines, at what distance the rendering logic decides that an object is "too close" to you (where it will become invisible).

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

3 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

you may want to check the "clipmode=" parameter of the EZDOK camera. Even for my normal VC view I usually use "Clipmode=Minimum". You will find this parameter in the appropriate camera definition in your "cameras.cfg" file in \AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

This parameter determines, at what distance the rendering logic decides that an object is "too close" to you (where it will become invisible).

Best regards

Will do. Never thought about this parameter. Thank you, Oliver

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe