Sign in to follow this  
Dave CBFS

Possible new project?

Hi Oliver,

I don't know if you're familiar with an oldish program for FS9 & FSX called HeliTraffic? It enabled the user to define custom helipads and create waypoints for AI helicopter traffic. The AI helis would be under direct control of the program so behaved in the correct manner, with vertical take off & landing etc. Unfortunately, the program doesn't work under P3d and is very unlikely to ever be updated. This strikes me as the sort of program that would be in your area of expertise, so if you're in need of a new project it could be something to consider! 😉

Thanks for reading.

Dave Garwood.

Hello Dave,

if you are using at least P3D 4.2, you can do this with my AiTracker X. Starting with 4.2 the sim supports AI helicopters natively. They will only follow waypoint lists though, Lockheed hasn't implemented the automated following of flightplans yet.

I have created logic to make them follow a flightplan in my development version of AiTracker X 3.0, but if an when that will be released is undecided. Still, if you send me your proof of purchase for AITX I'm happy to provide an advance copy of the 3.0

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Thanks, I do use AITX with P3d v4.3, so I'll pm you my  proof of purchase when I get home after work. 

I did read about improvements to the helicopter AI but wasn't sure if it included proper vertical take off and landing with full helicopter flight dynamics. 

Dave Garwood.

2 hours ago, Dave CBFS said:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks, I do use AITX with P3d v4.3, so I'll pm you my  proof of purchase when I get home after work. 

I did read about improvements to the helicopter AI but wasn't sure if it included proper vertical take off and landing with full helicopter flight dynamics. 

Hello Dave,

takeoff yes, I can't complain. Landing not so much. I haven't found a way yet to make them do that realistically. They always arrive over the target airport way too high and take ages to descend and land. But that is more a problem of my flightplan logic than the AI in P3D, and I am still working on it. I was hoping that LM would make the helicopters support flightplans natively in 4.3, but it doesn't seem like they did.

Best regards

LORBY-SI