Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

did you quit flying FSW ???

Im enjoying the heck out that cherokee 180 more now than when FSW was still been work on ... how about you guys ???? 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I give it a spin now and then. While doing so I muse about how something that occupied so much attention here for so long, just went silent... in an instant. Its almost eerie that so much effort just vanished so abruptly: all the employees dispersed like quail startled by a loud noise.

And then: Silence.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

FSW was uninstalled and hidden from my list. 

I'm glad it's gone, for now we KNOW the future of FSW and it's role in the FS market, it's no longer a wild guess.

I still give it try occasionally, really sad that it's gone, I thought it was going to be a winner.

I gave up on it, even while it was being developed. Looked bad, scenery wise, and they never fixed it. Had high hopes, but it was horrible!! Sad.

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

14 hours ago, rtodepart said:

Im enjoying the heck out that cherokee 180 more now than when FSW was still been work on ... how about you guys ???? 

Yes the cherokee is quite good for a short VFR hop. I still use it from time to time. I know there are a few fanatics trying to get more airplanes into FSW but I'm not so keen as that. I've mostly moved on to other things.

Barry Friedman

I thought about flying the other day but right now Im enjoying other things.  I'll get back to it Im sure.  and I keep hoping smarter people than I will start working on shader updates to improve the weather and provide more variance...and fix the haze.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

sightseer, respectfully, do you realize that it's dead, and nobody is working on anything??  

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Far from dead.  It is still a good sim and has some things that make it preferable in some ways to P3D.

I run a basic FSX Steam and though P3D is my main one  and XP11 is getting promissing it is sometimes pleasant to fly in a less graphic rich but faster sim and have the advantage of aircraft and missions missing in P3D.  There is a surprising amount of new stuff for it too.

Harry Woodrow

As Bones says it "Its' dead, Jim' (Star Trek Reference)

I am surprised that this sub forum even exists for FSW, as it is game over

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I came here because I was looking to see if there's any news on its future. Who knows. Upon its cancellation, I promptly dived right into X-plane. But I still find myself firing up FSW now and again for point to point 30min VFR jaunts. Elsewhere in this forum I observed, and several agreed with me, that FSW was onto something--no matter the distinct advances XP11 has made over its former iterations, its genetic twitchiness, no matter Laminar's attempts to conceal it, is still painfully evident. 

I'm still hoping there's someone out there who does see where DTG was trying to to take the platform and is making plans. If I were a betting man, I'd bet this story is not yet finished.

(nothing dies in flightsim; you can still find people uploading stuff for FS98 over at flightsim.com; and the original IL2 is alive and well; even MS Flight still has its fans; having fun never gets old)

I know some are extremely happy to see that FSW went down the crap hole but i really wished that DTG had the funds to continue developing for it ......

On 7/9/2018 at 2:37 PM, simaddict said:

sightseer, respectfully, do you realize that it's dead, and nobody is working on anything??  

you seem to be extremely happy that is gone ....

It really does amaze me that so many people seem to take such great delight in seeing FSW fail. Okay, it may not be to everyone's taste but then neither are X-Plane and even P3D for that matter. Isn't a little bit of variety and perhaps seeing a company introduce something a little different exactly what it's all about?

Or is it that people hate Dovetail so much that they simply aren't prepared to give them a chance?

• Upvote 3

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton