Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

The Swire Group at work- HONG KONG TRADER pushing now!

Having just received LJA from Haeco fresh from her "C" check... here we are pushing from the CP Cargo Terminal, next stop Anchorage!  During the walk around the wing and engine scallops do nothing but impress.  Unlike a spate of other airframes that suffer poorly visually when "stretched" the -8 expansion has done wonders for my Fat Girl.  Instead of her endearing bulk, I have now fallen in love with her sleekness and beauty.  It's as though my beloved of the past 30 years went away for a while, and came back brilliant, long, lean and leggy... how could she NOT turn my head?

t2F64Cs.jpg

Let your eye run from the tip of the raked wing, past the scalloped GEnXs and down that long, lean fuselage.  Then look ever upwards to that tall beautiful tail.  Whilst ogling, be sure and take a moment to marvel at what Pete hath wrought- day or night HONG KONG TRADER never looked so good! 

hoIVy7D.jpg

The Orientally entrenched Swire Group is well represented in Boeings latest offering a la the PMDG 747-8F.

Click on the pic for full 4K resolution.  She's growing on me... all over again...

Edited by lasnubes
  • Like 6

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Dribbling at the mouth already..stoppit Carl..

Derek C.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Oh... and just as we called down for the tug to push us out the Monsoon Season showed up at Fragrant Harbour... who knew....;)

tnBHvxH.jpg

The rivulets running down the parked windshield are an especially nice touch... just wait until airspeed builds....

LZZoAk4.jpg

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Ahhhhh!

Love this plane! They had us parked by it at OSH a couple years ago. Some guy got this photo of me up on the Clipper's wing, in front of LJA, and it eventually made its way through Facebook back to me. Small world...

19379223_438675926489697_407585632246405

There's a cooler pic of the side of the 3 in front of the painted cityscape, but I have to find it and upload it.

• Like 4

Kyle Rodgers

Lined Up & Waiting... that cell on the ND is moving fast right to left and it will only be a minute... can you see the visibility deteriorating up ahead... the sky scrapers and bridge are already shrouded in the mist... we will soon leave all this behind.  Anchorage promises a brisk 15 degrees C and partly cloudy skies... ought to be a nice arrival.

fSxBUeM.jpg

• Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Leaving home... Alaska bound with a load that doesn't complain, doesn't whine and doesn't clamor for more peanuts- heavenly!

R97t4vp.jpg

Feet wet, over the Pacific.... next landfall in the Land of the Rising Sun...

rgK0hiC.jpg

Passing Kochi and turning a bit further East to skirt the islands...

FJOXQOT.jpg

Edited by lasnubes
  • Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

WOW...this is so sexy^^. Can´t wait to fly this bird by myself

Several hours later, we are bathed in golden light, the kind that reserves itself for the flight levels, and with water everywhere around us, there's not much to see... except perhaps...

9RhzAeH.jpg

a6fiLBQ.jpg

4T3VRq8.jpg

The Aleutian Chain is just ahead. While there are now bigger aircraft, I'd argue that she's still the Queen of the Skies.  Wouldn't you?

Edited by lasnubes
  • Like 7

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

OMG! :ohmy: This is wonderful!!! Please release!! hahahaha!

Fabiano Souza.

11 hours ago, lasnubes said:

Oh... and just as we called down for the tug to push us out the Monsoon Season showed up at Fragrant Harbour... who knew....;)

tnBHvxH.jpg

The rivulets running down the parked windshield are an especially nice touch... just wait until airspeed builds....

LZZoAk4.jpg

Those clouds in the first pic show we still have a long way to go in that department.

Eric 

Absolutely giddy with excitement for the 8. It combines all of my favorite features of the newer Boeings with the nobility and grace of the Queen.

I honestly may not buy this plane, for I fear it will render the rest in my virtual fleet hangar furniture... I seriously don't think I will fly anything else in P3D again.

Edited by FSXKippy

Please NOTE- these images are from the BETA and therefore may not represent the final product. THIS IS A WORK-IN-PROGRESS.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

25 minutes ago, lasnubes said:

Please NOTE- these images are from the BETA and therefore may not represent the final product. THIS IS A WORK-IN-PROGRESS.

I don’t think hes talking about the 747-8, looks like hes talking about your cloud textures and how terrible they look (no offence).

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, captainsazzman said:

I don’t think hes talking about the 747-8, looks like hes talking about your cloud textures and how terrible they look (no offence).

He's just adding it as a generic disclaimer in all of his threads. Should've been in the original post, but our reminder went out late.

Kyle Rodgers

Here we are in final descent into Anchorage, lit up like a Christmas Tree (or Menorah- your pick) and below the cloud deck.  You can just make out PANC in the distance... Flap 1...

QyBzIC4.jpg

Soon we will be at 1500 Feet, LAND 3 Green, Rollout Armed, Flare Armed, Landing Checks complete.... GA altitude set- but now we are told to expect late landing clearance...

3EbjRgZ.jpg

Cleared to land, airspeed looks good, established on the PAPI, GS almost coincident... and only seconds to go now... all those hours for a couple of minutes of hand flying bliss. She is surprisingly light on the controls, and self actualization isn’t out of reach- for those fleeting moments.

uOPLRXo.jpg

...and we are on the ground, rolling out with just the lightest sprinkle starting...

hAOTFo8.jpg

Edited by lasnubes
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper