Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

The Swire Group at work- HONG KONG TRADER pushing now!

Wow! Wondeful! I really anxious for release and fly. Beautiful! Congrats for screen's and thanks for share! :biggrin:

Turning off...

CXlHeLy.jpg

A not too long taxi, but plenty of time to idle the GEnxs...

ULPEWcL.jpg

...remember to roll a bit further past the B pillar before cranking the tiller...

zCChnSt.jpg

... and a familiar pose, a few thousand miles from where it all began in sunshine...

n9f0DQD.jpg

After shutting down, I lingered for one last look.  A little shut eye, and we'll be back!

FXWmNxA.jpg

I do hope you are enjoying the ride?  I know you will enjoy the experience when you get to replay moving the thrust levers, and remembering those wonderful words from Don Grange, "Max Thrust, Let's go!"

Cheers!

Edited by lasnubes
  • Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

This airframe, is the very epitome of Boeing transport category aircraft. Unlike other “stretches” she’s even more beautiful. In much the same way as the 77W handles differently than the 77L, the 747-8 handles differently from the 744. The longer longitudinal moment arm makes for more precise pitch control and stability. The redesigned wing allows for better economy without sacrificing handling characteristics. She has none of the incidental vices of modern FBW aircraft. Her cable and hydraulic heritage shine through. Her impeccable handling and pedigree is obvious.

She really is the personification of your long steadfast companion- your one true love. The young girl you fell in love with, chose to make a life with, the one you spent a few decades with, made a family with and grew old with. All these things were enough, truly- but then, it is as though she went away for a while, found and swam in the Fountain of Youth, grew a couple of inches taller, slimmed down at the waist, grew out her long blonde hair, and then returned in a little black dress, with a pearl choker, Channel patent leather pumps and clutch, to once again take your breath away- like only she can. Instantly familiar and yet totally intoxicating.

I’m sure there are valid reasons people like that Beluga shaped, rotund offering from Toulouse. As for me, I’m a one trick pony- and I’m going Boeing 🙂

Edited by lasnubes
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

You need to sit down and take a deep breath, Carl!

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do you leave Autothrottle ON during the whole landing? In the T7, normally we leave AT on 

51 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

Do you leave Autothrottle ON during the whole landing? In the T7, normally we leave AT on 

Boeing recommends we keep AT on and most airlines do (e.g Emirates) but its up to the airline and pilot in command. Sometimes AT is off to allow fine tuned control in rough weather or just for pilot practice. Depends on airline policy. 

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Maurice-

In my case A/T is ARMED but NOT controlling speed. I go click click, click click- first A/T and then AP. A hold over from the 744 with the underslung engines and their thrust coupling.

After spending more time with the FCOM I might evolve my policy for the 747-8F, but for now it works quite nicely.

HTH- C

Edited by lasnubes

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

15 minutes ago, lasnubes said:

Maurice-

In my case A/T is ARMED but NOT controlling speed. I go click click, click click- first A/T and then AP. A hold over from the 744 with the underslung engines and their thrust coupling.

After spending more time with the FCOM I might evolve my policy for the 747-8F, but for now it works quite nicely.

HTH- C

Thank you.  So,  we are able to leave AT on during the whole landing,  like we do in our T7, right?  The 747-8 is going in idle mode during flare automatically? 

5 hours ago, maukro_1990 said:

Thank you.  So,  we are able to leave AT on during the whole landing,  like we do in our T7, right?  The 747-8 is going in idle mode during flare automatically? 

According the RSR, a B744 rated captain, she may be flown with A/T engaged or disengaged.  In my opinion, the 777 is different because of both the thrust coupling and more importantly what I call thrust inertia, which is the inability to make quick small adjustments to thrust due to the angular momentum of an 11-foot fan.  The fans on the GEnx-2B67 are a little smaller than their big brother GE90s, at just under 9-foot diameter.  This has must less angular momentum and they relatively responsive to thrust commands.    I prefer A/T disengaged in the B744/748/NG simply because I like flying the airplane, and there is something about having my hands on the throttles and yoke together being much more in tune to what the aircraft is doing.

Dan Downs KCRP

How do you activate the airport map on the ND?

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

1 hour ago, Murawski said:

How do you activate the airport map on the ND?

Press the ARPT button. Zoom in.

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Will all airport taxiways be available or is this something that we need to manually add/create to the aircraft for it to work?

17 minutes ago, bgpearce01 said:

Will all airport taxiways be available or is this something that we need to manually add/create to the aircraft for it to work?

The default scenery will be included.for 3rd party you will need to scan the sim to read them.The scan will be needed each time you add or remove a 3rd party scenery.

Edited by Olympic260
  • Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Nice...  Out of curiosity, is this something that only displays while the aircraft is on the ground, or would it still display if you were flying over an airport and zoom in?

<--------------->
Mike Murawski