Sign in to follow this  
bhorv67

Orbx FTX Downloads Paused

I'm trying to download the latest libraries and for some reason, the downloads in FTX are paused. Going to the download menu, none of the pending downloads have the pause button selected. 

Any idea how to resolve?

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

Why don't you ask on their forums?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Maybe because he thinks that he may get a quicker response here.

Harry Woodrow

4 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

I'm trying to download the latest libraries and for some reason, the downloads in FTX are paused. Going to the download menu, none of the pending downloads have the pause button selected. 

Any idea how to resolve?

Hi Brian

Check the tutorial here on AVSIM by Elaine:

Am on limited data for internet usage so had these issues whenever I would redownload ORBX files during a reinstall or whenever P3D got updated. Sometimes FTX Central hangs and you need to start over but there is some progress with the latest versions of FTX Central that have the resume/pause functionality.

There is a method to backup the core files for reinstalls etc. but I found the best solution that worked for me was to download my purchased sceneries manually and then just use FTX Central to provide updates, where required.

If you need to download your sceneries manually, the procedure is as follows:

1. Log in to your ORBX Account;

2. From your product purchases, select the scenery that you want to download;

3. On the scenery page, towards the bottom of the instructions is a "Manual Download: link that you will have to select in order to access the graphic, refer following link:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/126409-slow-download-speeds-for-some-customers-sitrep/?do=findComment&comment=1127148

Hope this helps 

8 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi Brian

Check the tutorial here on AVSIM by Elaine:

Am on limited data for internet usage so had these issues whenever I would redownload ORBX files during a reinstall or whenever P3D got updated. Sometimes FTX Central hangs and you need to start over but there is some progress with the latest versions of FTX Central that have the resume/pause functionality.

There is a method to backup the core files for reinstalls etc. but I found the best solution that worked for me was to download my purchased sceneries manually and then just use FTX Central to provide updates, where required.

If you need to download your sceneries manually, the procedure is as follows:

1. Log in to your ORBX Account;

2. From your product purchases, select the scenery that you want to download;

3. On the scenery page, towards the bottom of the instructions is a "Manual Download: link that you will have to select in order to access the graphic, refer following link:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/126409-slow-download-speeds-for-some-customers-sitrep/?do=findComment&comment=1127148

Hope this helps 

Thanks - I was able to update the libraries by downloading the file manually. FTX still says 'paused'. 

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

16 hours ago, Nemo said:

Why don't you ask on their forums?

I did ask on their forum. Had no reply. 

Brian Horvath

9 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

Thanks - I was able to update the libraries by downloading the file manually. FTX still says 'paused'. 

Hi Brian

I meant the full scenery installers to be manually downloaded and then installed using FTX Central.

Also have you tried clearing the Temp folder via FTX Central, Settings:

pBzMcdt.jpg

Could you also verify that you have enough HDD-space on your Temp folder (where the ORBX downloads are stored)

The path is also accessible via the Settings page in FTX Central

0gilVS7.jpg

If the default location is out of space then you could add a new path that has sufficient space for your downloads

Regards

Edited by Tokitaumelie
Added Image 2

1 hour ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi Brian

I meant the full scenery installers to be manually downloaded and then installed using FTX Central.

Also have you tried clearing the Temp folder via FTX Central, Settings:

pBzMcdt.jpg

Could you also verify that you have enough HDD-space on your Temp folder (where the ORBX downloads are stored)

The path is also accessible via the Settings page in FTX Central

0gilVS7.jpg

If the default location is out of space then you could add a new path that has sufficient space for your downloads

Regards

Thanks - I did clear temp, did nothing. There's several gb available on the volume, no space issues. 

Brian Horvath

22 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

Thanks - I did clear temp, did nothing. There's several gb available on the volume, no space issues. 

Hi

I'm out of answers other than have you manually downloading one of the ORBX addons that's stalling and then installing that via FTX Central.

Which sceneries are you having difficulty installing?

Regards

On 7/11/2018 at 7:47 PM, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi

I'm out of answers other than have you manually downloading one of the ORBX addons that's stalling and then installing that via FTX Central.

Which sceneries are you having difficulty installing?

Regards

I was just wanting to update the libraries. I finally went to Orbx and manually downloaded the file and used FTX to install from the zip. Worked fine. 

FTX still says downloads are paused. I give up.

Brian Horvath