Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

PRO ATC problem?

Am very happy with PRO ATC apart from one thing.

Every fight I've done it tells me to descend around  40 miles before TOD? OK no big deal as I don't expect it to know my perfect TOD and I can ask for decent if I wish to at any time.

But yesterday I did a short flight and was cleared to FL350 then with 2,000 ft to go before TOC I was told to decent to FL250 ????? TOD was 90 miles away and I was not even in cruise?

Any ideas how to solve this? 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

David, I don't own ProATC-X preferring Radar Contact. You don't say what program you used to determine your cruise level. Or did you enter your own?

Even RC won't start you down at ToD. It doesn't know of such things. Most programs use a 1 in 3 rule for determining the ToD point. RC requires you to be at a certain altitude / FL 40 miles from the destination airport. Maybe PATCX does too but without more info it's hard to help.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

looks like  your flight  level is  to high  for  the  short  distance   you had,  try  lowering  your  flight level  to  see  if it  happens  again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The flight level was from flightaware from a IRL flight LEMG- LEIB with Ryanair with FL. and also that matched the flight level given from Ryanair virtual.

Flight plan was with PFPX that work out an higher level but I went with the IRL one. So no I don't think my flight level was wrong I used 3 sources to acquire it before release.

And the FSL Axxx and PMDG NG are not sloppy at working out TOD in the last case TOD was 90 miles out. With only 10 miles to go till TOC.

It was not like TOC and TOD were within >30 miles of each other.

I don't mind ATC telling we when to descend because hey I want that, but not 90 miles out of TOD 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You can go to aircraft menu, choose the aircraft you want to fly and change some parameters like vertical speed according what your aircraft is able to do

Frédéric Giraud

David,

You probably need to ask the question about the early descent on the PATCX forum. On a short hop like that you should certainly be able to reach 350 quite soon. Maybe your climb rate was not high enough.

I have experienced PATCX a while back on a friend’s system and had issues with the descent profile. But enough people use it and seem happy with it so perhaps it’s better now.

Try different routes of a similar distance and if you get the same problem it’s either the program or your flying style. Do you engage VNAV or V/S?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

LNAV and VNAV

OR in the case of BA, BA I use Open climb because BA use open climb and open descent and that is steeper than a VNAV profile.

The Ryanair flight was a VNAV climb. Descending when PROATC tell me to results in a really bad 1000FPM descent with no Ideal throttle Until much later when I hit a restriction.

With BA and open climb your hitting TOC well before a VNAV TOC would. It makes no difference it just like to call out descend far to soon.

Edited by Nyxx

20 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

You can go to aircraft menu, choose the aircraft you want to fly and change some parameters like vertical speed according what your aircraft is able to do

I will look at this thank you.

David, you need to ask the question on the PATCX forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just posted Ray, Thanks for your thoughts.

I don’t use ProATC but if you can change the climb rate (from a previous post above) you might be able to change the descent rate. If you can make the value higher and therefore steepening the descent.

In real life on very short sectors we sometimes have a no cruise segment where TOC is at TOD. (On a Jet)

I assume ProATC just uses average figures so try 1800fpm for climb and 2500fpm for descent. Adjust slightly depending on your aircraft type.

IM

As was already mentioned, adjust your vertical speeds in the aircraft menu. I had that problem with PATC when I used it, unless I set vertical speeds for descent much lower than would be realistic. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

34 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

As was already mentioned, adjust your vertical speeds in the aircraft menu. I had that problem with PATC when I used it, unless I set vertical speeds for descent much lower than would be realistic. 

Have you any suggestion to what to set A319 NG to Bob?

I prefer to use manual TD initiation that you can set-up in the menu

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

David, I don't own ProATC-X preferring Radar Contact.

Does RC work under v4.3?