Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FlightSim Labs A320X/A319X

I am interested in the FS Labs A320X and A319X products, but it will be some time before I am in a position to purchase them. I currently still use P3D v3.4, and since the P3D v3 and v4 versions of the A320X are entirely separate products, it would be a bit daft to purchase it now when my future plans are to upgrade to the 64bit version of P3D (which probably means v5 for me). However, there are certain aspects of the PMDG simulations that I consider to be very important for my own personal enjoyment, and I would like to know if the FS Labs products behave in the same way...

Is there an option for the FS Labs A320X/A319X to "initialise all systems" at startup? In other words, can I get it to automatically set itself up for flight when it is loaded?

If I load the plane, input the necessary flightplan/payload/fuel etc into the FMC, set up the MCP ready for departure, and then save the scenario.....will all of those parameters be saved so that I can load the scenario at a later date, and pushback immediately after contacting Ground? The PMDG jets allow me to do this, so I assume that the same is possible with the FS Labs jets?

Can I use the default pushback mode? I only ask this question because I seem to recall someone mentioning the pushback procedure for the FS Labs A320X elsewhere...

Is there a step by step tutorial flight that I can print for reference? Something similar to the Tutorial #1 for the PMDG 737 NGX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher.

I can answer some of them questions 

It has like the PMDG load default states The one I use is "On GPU" you can have C&D and on APU etc.....As for saving a flight with all the things you talk about and loading it from there I really don't know as I've never done that but I would think you can.

As for push back, I would highly recommend GSX perhaps think of it as part of the package as FSL have now worked with GSX so you enter your fuel and ZFW and call for fuel and boring and GSX will open doors for you and refuel all automatically. It's really is very cool. They also close the doors when done, apart from your main as that's always left to the crew. 

As for a tutorial flight, yes there is but if you wish I will happy send you a copy of my crib PDF that I use for every flight (current one does not have checklist because I now use PRO ATC for that). But it will get you from "ON ground power" to shut down. Yes you will have to learn to use the MCDU but just about every step you need to take is there. 

If you would like a look PM me your email, happy to help Christopher. 

O btw its the best imo you can buy. The new A319 is a good step on from the A320 until they update that with the new A319 stuff. I love the PMDG NG but the FSL A319 is like gob smacking.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Christopher,

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Is there an option for the FS Labs A320X/A319X to "initialise all systems" at startup? In other words, can I get it to automatically set itself up for flight when it is loaded?

Yes, you can select any of the pre-defined panel states from cold & dark right up to engines running, or save your own.

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

If I load the plane, input the necessary flightplan/payload/fuel etc into the FMC, set up the MCP ready for departure, and then save the scenario.....will all of those parameters be saved so that I can load the scenario at a later date, and pushback immediately after contacting Ground? The PMDG jets allow me to do this, so I assume that the same is possible with the FS Labs jets?

Yes -- saving the flight also saves the panel state.

13 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Can I use the default pushback mode?

You can.

13 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Is there a step by step tutorial flight that I can print for reference?

Yes, included in the documentation supplied with the product.

Thanks for the information, guys. Now my only problem is that I want the plane!!

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I strongly recommend to move to P3Dv4 as a base sim, as FSL used to be a VAS-hog during the era of 32-bit flight simulators. Otherwise, you would have to shift the most of your graphic's sliders to the left

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Don't go for x86, it's not the future and you will have issues (and less functionality) with some of the current and future developments.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have no intention of purchasing the 32bit version!

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

One thing I would take into account though. Despite what people say that now it's on par with PMDG's performance, I think it's a bit too far from a reality. I would say that FSL A320 (don't own A319 yet as I'm heavy testing the latest A320 build now) performance is on 70% level of what PMDG can deliver assuming the same P3D, OS and other hardware settings.

30 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Thanks for the information, guys. Now my only problem is that I want the plane!!

VISA card time Christopher. P3D v4.3 is lovely and the A319 and still the PMDG NG is all I fly really.

23 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I strongly recommend to move to P3Dv4 as a base sim, as FSL used to be a VAS-hog during the era of 32-bit flight simulators. Otherwise, you would have to shift the most of your graphic's sliders to the left

The test I do shows PMDG NG 62FPS FSL 54. But the point is now the FSL runs so much more smoother and has the head room to be fine.

I can taxi round Simwings Heathrow at my locked 25 FPS and It never drops below, what fps I get over that I don't care. Smooth and useable.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have never been locking my sim at 25FPS. Even during dark and miserable FSX times 🙂 40 is my personal acceptable minimum. 

PS. Also, I do use complex custom AI at 100% level. Think of EDDF with and without AI, it's like two different universes.

Edited by G-YMML1

Certainly the A319 *seems* to perform rather better than the A320 did. I use unlimited frames forced to 30 on a 30hz screen. I did a quick test today at an overcast EGLL with 50% AI and got 26-30fps. Upon changing the cloud density to 'medium' from 'high' I got back to a steady 30. 

It's very smooth for me and the immersion from the windscreen bug feature is a real game changer. 

V5 might be a loooong way out. I pay the $10 monthly developer subscription which allows me to automatically upgrade to the latest version. Where I'm from ten bucks buys a couple of slices of pizza so it's a no brainer. Go on Chris, you know you want to 😉

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Oh, I definitely want to. Unfortunately, I also have to eat, and pay bills!!

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

46 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Christopher, you need to get your priorities straight man! 😝

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Eating is so 20th century habit

Don't forget the Aerosoft Airbus Professional is due out this Thursday, so worth waiting for reviews before settling with the FSL. Whilst it's not going to be as thorough as the FSL it will be a lot cheaper and there's still plenty of depth, and Aerosoft offer upgrade pricing structures if you own their previous Airbus product too.

And as others have said, definitely worth migrating to P3D 64 bit as it seems to be where all the top-end addon birds are now going.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg