Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FlightSim Labs A320X/A319X

Just now, ckyliu said:

Don't forget the Aerosoft Airbus Professional is due out this Thursday, so worth waiting for reviews before settling with the FSL. Whilst it's not going to be as thorough as the FSL it will be a lot cheaper and there's still plenty of depth, and Aerosoft offer upgrade pricing structures if you own their previous Airbus product too.

If FSLabs would have joined to FS2Crew Family, I would forget about Barbie-Bus forever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@G-YMML1

I have no idea what's happening FS2Crew, I know the AS Pro will included some form of virtual copilot. I like FS2Crew's stuff but I've stopped using it since I migrated to P3D, I understood they were going to something for the FSL though?

I'll be the first to admit the current AS A320 leaves a fair bit to be desired, but statements from Aerosoft have been very positive, they've rewritten something like 75% of the code. They talk about things like fuel temperature affecting density. Some of the AS Pro documentation is already appearing at http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/132935-the-manuals/

For those that don't already own the P3D FSL, their pricing coupled with that scandal make it at the very least prudent to wait a few days to see how the the new Aerosoft Professional 'bus stacks up, it would be remiss to instantly dismiss it offhand when it is just days away. We're talking €50+tax (just €25+vat upgrade for current owners), compared to FSL's €120, it's a huge difference for someone like me who can only fly a few hours a month in the sim.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I am sure that the Aerosoft Airbus will be a very nice addon, but I usually want THE BEST available......and I am pretty sure that is the FS Labs version. The irony is that I will probably not even notice half of the systems/features/options on the aircraft, but just knowing that they are there (should I wish to take advantage of them) makes me feel all warm and cosy inside :biggrin:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am sure that the Aerosoft Airbus will be a very nice addon, but I usually want THE BEST available......and I am pretty sure that is the FS Labs version. The irony is that I will probably not even notice half of the systems/features/options on the aircraft, but just knowing that they are there (should I wish to take advantage of them) makes me feel all warm and cosy inside :biggrin:

Exactly. Learning the systems is fun. 

I have the FSLABS 320 & a319 and they have improved performance over the FSX/ Prepar3D 32bit versions. Not sure if some of this was tied to the anti-piracy code or not. The one thing I think could be improved is the cockpit textures and the fonts- I had to use mipmapping on the VC panel to make it anyway decent. 

I'll probably buy the Airbus offering since I have the older bundle to see if it looks any better. 

I guess I'm spoiled with the Flight-Factor A320. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have the FSLABS 320 & a319 and they have improved performance over the FSX/ Prepar3D 32bit versions. Not sure if some of this was tied to the anti-piracy code or not. The one thing I think could be improved is the cockpit textures and the fonts- I had to use mipmapping on the VC panel to make it anyway decent.

What exactly is wrong with the VC textures? I have just watched a Matt Davies video of the FS Labs A320X, and he got down quite close to the FMC. The textures looked pretty crisp and clear to me.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The irony is that I will probably not even notice half of the systems/features/options on the aircraft, but just knowing that they are there (should I wish to take advantage of them) makes me feel all warm and cosy inside

Trust me, you'll notice! The FSLabs A319/A320 is in an entirely different league compared to the Aerosoft Airbus. Yes, it's also in a different league, pricing-wise - but it's totally worth it, IMO! The sounds in the FSLabs Airbus alone, is so amazing, that you'll drop the jaw of excitement.

I would actually make the claim, that - in my humble opinion - the quality and immersion of these planes, isn't matched by any other developer - including PMDG. Which is to say a lot.

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

What exactly is wrong with the VC textures? I have just watched a Matt Davies video of the FS Labs A320X, and he got down quite close the FMC. The textures looked pretty crisp and clear to me.

Nothing is wrong with the textures, as far as I'm aware! I don't know why people keep bringing this argument up.

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Nothing is wrong with the textures, as far as I'm aware! I don't know why people keep bringing this argument up.

I tend to agree...in my experience, an actual Scarebus flight deck has a more "antiseptic" feel to it compared to a Boeing or Lockheed, with a lot of open panel space...the FSL panel does a reasonable job of capturing this sense.  I think a little more 3D relief might help, but it's not badly done.  The PMDG panels are really good for adding in a weathered, well-used look, but that's not a requirement for me to enjoy an add-on.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I love the way the FSL buses interact with GSX now. Talk about immersion. As for FS2Crew, don't need it. The Airbuses are too automated to warrant a virtual button pusher.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

7 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Trust me, you'll notice! The FSLabs A319/A320 is in an entirely different league compared to the Aerosoft Airbus. Yes, it's also in a different league, pricing-wise - but it's totally worth it, IMO! The sounds in the FSLabs Airbus alone, is so amazing, that you'll drop the jaw of excitement.

I would actually make the claim, that - in my humble opinion - the quality and immersion of these planes, isn't matched by any other developer - including PMDG. Which is to say a lot.

Have you tried the updated Aerosoft Airbus? No? Then don't make grand proclamations like this until that time you try it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Have you tried the updated Aerosoft Airbus? No? Then don't make grand proclamations like this until that time you try it.

What are you talking? I am sure he is writing about the Aerosoft version that is on the market right NOW. With no word he is mentioning the updated version. And in this case he is fully right, Aerosoft is not even near FSL. And personally, having most of Aerosoft‘s airplane offerings, I think that it will not change after the new version. If it does, good for everyone who waited more than one year.

• Upvote 4

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

4 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Are you kidding??

Where did I state, that I was talking about the new upcoming Airbus from Aerosoft?! You have no idea of what you're talking about, so please refrain from making unjustified assumptions of what meaning, you think people are expressing and then criticising the conclusion! Stick to what I write - not what you think I'm writing!

Having followed the preview topic pretty closely, I'm fairly sure that's it pretty much the same deal, with some updated eye-candy and features. To state that the Aerosoft Airbus is in any way equivalent of the FSLabs Airbus series, is a huge misjudgement, IMO. 

Besides, Aerosoft has already stated, that they have NO intention of competing or being compared with the FSLabs. It's in a different league - pricing and detail wise. The Aerosoft Airbus is for a different market, so I come to ask myself, why we're even having this discussion?!

In my honest opinion, the FSLabs Airbus series, sets a new level of detail, immersion and - definitely not least - sound level immersion! I was sitting on the apron the other day, with the plane cold and dark. I went for the walk-around, and to my amazement, I could hear sudden sounds when walking around the plane. The clicking of the fans, windmilling. Slight clicks and sounds, as the elevator and rudder moved in the wind etc... Just sit in the flight deck and power the beast up. From everything from the slight sounds of the 90+ computers which are simulated to the air cooling system etc...

The immersion factor is just unbeatable.

Trust me - you'll know the difference! And it's definitely worth every penny, they ask for it, in my honest and humble opinion!

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Consider the textures for the knobs/switches in both FFA320 and FSLA230 and you can see the difference. 

FlightFactor https://imgur.com/3Ah0Spd
FSLabs https://imgur.com/PCeDupT

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I agree that FSLabs VC cockpit textures look cartoonish compared to FlightFactor. It's not a biggie, but I hope they upgrade them in future. Then it will be perfect!

• Like 1

7700K, RTX 2070S, 16 GB RAM, WQHD monitor