Sign in to follow this  
bhorv67

Tomato Shade affecting some airport textures? (FSDT KLAX)

I have the latest version of Tomato Shade installed. I did a flight yesterday to KLAX, where the ground textures were very strange - they looked almost like silver paint all over the ground. Went to the FSDT forum and noticed another post about the same issue. The response was the Tomato Shade made be modifying shaders the ground textures use and giving it this strange look. 

Anyone else experience this and was able to fix? What's the solution? 

Appreciate the help. thanks

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

Just now, Javier Iturralde said:

yeap, same happens to me too.. disaster.

Add me here. Also having this silver shiny glossy reflections

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Its a shader, its affects everything

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I get this with all FSDT airports that I have, including the new KORD. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Has anyone ever figured out which option in Tomato is making this silvery effect at FSDT's KLAX?

Try turning off Extended Reflection Rendering in Advanced Reflections see if it helps.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

10 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Try turning off Extended Reflection Rendering in Advanced Reflections see if it helps.

Yeah, that was it... but that's also kind of the main function of Tomato Shade. Guess I just won't fly into FSDT airports at night.

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Yeah, that was it... but that's also kind of the main function of Tomato Shade. Guess I just won't fly into FSDT airports at night.

The Extended Reflection rendering is for use mainly with aircraft reflections profiles, it is not needed when you just want the scenery textured. I don't use it much anymore because so many planes are now coming with PBR.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090