Sign in to follow this  
PLazarus

VC lighting issue resolved

Hi everyone,I wanted to share something I found out today. I was having problems with VC night lighting in all my aircraft..PMDG, LDS etc. All my gauges in the VC had no backlighting.I searched various forums and tried many of the fixes... nothing... even replaced my modified halo.bmp and spotlight.bmp with the originals -all with no result.Then, on a flash of inspiration I looked at my display settings... now I never liked the aircraft lights effects... landing and taxi... so I had turned them off. I turned them back on and hey presto.. all my VC gauges are correctly illuminated.This issue may be well documented, but in lots of forum searches I didn't find the solution -simple as it was.I hope this helps someone in the future.Paul

LOL... Since the VC depends on environmental lighting, which is controlled by the "Lights" option being enabled... I'm not surprised! ;)Glad you sorted it out, Paul.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Bill,I thought I was quite savy as to tweeking FS- apparently not! Also I was surprised that all my searches didn't come up with this simple "fix" to my problem.Thats why I posted, so should others have this problem a search should come up with this post!So here it is for the record- make sure the lighting option is checked in the display/aircraft properties box!Cheers,Paul

Great News Paul happy you found your solution and sharing this great tip ;-)Have fun,Andr

André