Sign in to follow this  
tjstreak

DHC-3T Turbo Otter Released - support!

Contact Oisin here: oisin at milviz.com  with your Otter order number.

I just did, and received a discount code in 20 minutes.

Kev

Please don't post our emails in the blind like that...  use this format... oisin at milviz dot com.

thanks

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Milviz - I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to.  What do you mean “in the blind”?

I was just helping out a fellow simmer - I didn’t even give the discount codeword to protect your site against anyone who might try a fast one.

I am at a loss what you mean - am I receiving a telling off?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kfd said:

Milviz - I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to.  What do you mean “in the blind”?

I was just helping out a fellow simmer - I didn’t even give the discount codeword to protect your site against anyone who might try a fast one.

I am at a loss what you mean - am I receiving a telling off?

You are posting email addresses in publicly visible forum, giving him high risk of robotic spam attack.

• Like 1

Zicheng Cai

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:35 AM, Milviz said:

Please don't post our emails in the blind like that...  use this format... oisin at milviz dot com.

thanks

It kinda sorta doesn't matter.  I tried using the contact system on their website.  Have not heard back yet.  Provided all purchase details.  Nada.

This just leads me to the conclusion that this is not a bona fide offer.  The "upgrade offer" is just a big fat lie.

You don't want us to use the e-mail; you don't respond to a contact through the website, and the website contains no method of obtaining the discount.

Same thing happened to me with the 319R Redux, where I finally paid full price, even though an upgrade discount was promised.

Other vendors are able to provide upgrades with a minimum of hassle.   For example, with Aerosoft, you just input the serial number of the earlier purchase.

For heaven's sake, it you don't want to offer an upgrade, don't say that you are offering an upgrade.

What tourques me off is not so much that I will just wait for it to go on sale, or that I might have to spend a few dollars more, but that you wasted my time by making an offer which is not real.  Horrible!  Horrible, way to treat your customers.

Edited by tjstreak
Change word

Wow.  We absolutely sent out emails to our clients.  This was tested (by me, the boss).  It's 100%.  That said, you might not have gotten one if you're not a member of our forums, or didn't buy from our site.  Those are the only ones who will get a discount.

Also, it would pay to check your spam folders as sometimes, they end up there...

The contact email on our site is, I admit, a bit iffy.  We've had lots of issues with it and haven't been able to get it working consistently... yet.

However, you SHOULD be able to use the emails provided to you in any of the manuals of our products, or, by looking at my sig.  It's right there.

Please don't call us liars as we are anything but.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I had the e-mail on both my home-based accounts. The discount code worked, as it has before in such cases, the response from Oisin for access to the support forum is second to none. I think it is a little unfair to accuse Milviz here of lying about their offer. It was open to all those who bought the DHC-3 from their direct shop and the customers were informed by e-mail some time prior to release of the 3T...

Sometimes, a little reflection can go a long way...

Andrew

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

Wow.  We absolutely sent out emails to our clients.  This was tested (by me, the boss).  It's 100%.  That said, you might not have gotten one if you're not a member of our forums, or didn't buy from our site.  Those are the only ones who will get a discount.

Also, it would pay to check your spam folders as sometimes, they end up there...

The contact email on our site is, I admit, a bit iffy.  We've had lots of issues with it and haven't been able to get it working consistently... yet.

However, you SHOULD be able to use the emails provided to you in any of the manuals of our products, or, by looking at my sig.  It's right there.

Please don't call us liars as we are anything but.

I did buy from your site.  I never received  your e-mail.

When I tried to contact you re the C310 Redux, you blew off my efforts to contact you for a discount code.  I probably should have purchased the Carenado/Alabeo model instead.

With respect to the turbo Otter, I used your system last Saturday.

I am frustrated enough that I may just wait for Just Flight to offer a Turbo Otter for an upgrade (because I have their Otter, too.)  This is not a "must have, but a "nice to have," so I can wait either for Just Flight or until you offer another 40% discount on  your aircraft.

Why do you have to make it so hard for your customers to give you money?

35 minutes ago, aentwis said:

I had the e-mail on both my home-based accounts. The discount code worked, as it has before in such cases, the response from Oisin for access to the support forum is second to none. I think it is a little unfair to accuse Milviz here of lying about their offer. It was open to all those who bought the DHC-3 from their direct shop and the customers were informed by e-mail some time prior to release of the 3T...

Sometimes, a little reflection can go a long way...

Andrew

Why do you assume that I did NOT purchase from their website.\?  And why do you assume that I DID receive the e-mail?

I DID contact them via their website about getting a code on Saturday, and I still have not received a response.  This is the method they told us to use to contact them.

I did try to log into their forum, but did not remember my username or password, because it is not a place I go very often, if at all. In fact, I don't know if I am even registered there.  I did NOT see a register button to re-register.  So I could not log on.

Besides, I do not like posting my name or e-mail address to public forums.  I certainly don't like posting my purchase information there.

This is the second time this has happened with respect to an upgrade offer from Milviz, and it is tiresome.

The reason I posted my original question here is because their system is broken.

Quite frankly, I am doing them a big favor by telling them their system is not working.  It is an awfully big hassle for a $10.00 discount.

I emailed them with the details of my previous purchase of their Otter and received an email back within 30 minutes with the discount code. just waiting for some reviews prior to purchase as I was not that impressed with the original Otter 

Raknal

• Like 1

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

It is exceedingly unfair to Milviz to characterize the offer as a lie. I received the upgrade offer via e-mail, and I gratefully took advantage of it.

An apology is in order.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

To be clear, we have NEVER asked anyone, including you, to use our contact form.

We ALWAYS recommend that you look on page ONE of our products and or contact us by using emails... (again, see sig below my post).  We're not that hard to get in touch with and, quite honestly, have never once hesitated to give someone a discount code if they deserved one. 

We listen.  All the time.

We do our best and if that's not good enough, well, what can I say.... don't buy our stuff.  

It's easy.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Concur with Oisin,

Great Products, have purchased all for P3D, and GREAT service.

My emails to MILVIZ have been responded too within hours, sometimes minutes.

I'm simply a customer, whom is very much satisfied with the products and the after service.

Bravo Zulu, Milviz

Brian

(BJ from OZ)

• Like 2

I've always had great support, even had Oisin add me to an aircraft  support forum that I had forgotten I had purchased. To me, that was an over the top effort.

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's