Sign in to follow this  
JNS

Setting default Outside View

Hi.  Could someone please tell me which file to alter so that I can have my Outside View always be in Locked Spot view (unless, of course, I purposely change to something else)?  I'm on P3D v.3.2.3.

Thanks,

Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Not sure I can help much here, but....are you using EZDOK or ChasePlane?  Or just using the default Prepar3D system?  If you are using the default Prepar3D views I can't help you much as I found the limitations in that system frustrating and quickly went with EZDOK and then eventually ChasePlane.  My instincts tell me there is a way to pull off what you are seeking within Prepar3D but I ultimately found the ChasePlane User Interface the easiest to use.

Mark

Yes, there is a way to do this.

Go to Prepar3d's roaming directory and edit the camera.cfg 

All you have to do is put CycleHidden=Yes

See the Title Spot section in your camera.cfg and put CycleHidden=Yes in that Camera Definition.  

Here  is my example.  Please do not cut and paste this entire definition.  All you need the last line

I hope it helps

[CameraDefinition.003]
Title = Spot
Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}
Description = This is the description of the spot view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FlatChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
CycleHidden=Yes

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Mark, thanks for the suggestion.  I've checked out ChasePlane a little, but didn't really understand all that it was doing.  I don't try to get too fancy with the default camera system so may stick with that for now, although I see that a lot of people are using ChasePlane.

Skywolf, thanks for that extra line.  I'm going to try it out in a little while and see what happens.  I'm always amazed when someone comes up with these specific phrases such as "CycleHidden".  Is there somewhere these are listed for a specific program or is it standard computer programming lingo?

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by JNS
  • Like 1

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

15 minutes ago, JNS said:

Mark, thanks for the suggestion.  I've checked out ChasePlane a little, but didn't really understand all that it was doing.  I don't try to get too fancy with the default camera system so may stick with that for now, although I see that a lot of people are using ChasePlane.

Skywolf, thanks for that extra line.  I'm going to try it out in a little while and see what happens.  I'm always amazed when someone comes up with these specific phrases such as "CycleHidden".  Is there somewhere these are listed for a specific program or is it standard computer programming lingo?

Thanks,

Jeff

Actually the cyclehidden is from FSX days.  I used it to hide the tower views.  When you browse through your camera file, you will see tons of other views which have their views hidden.  This is carried over from the FSX code into Prepar3d's code

I believe more of the commands and tidbits are listed in the SDK.  And the SDK is big, lot to read and browse.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Thanks very much for the info, Skywolf.  I didn't think about the SDK.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

5 hours ago, JNS said:

Is there somewhere these are listed ...?

Yes, there is. It is called the "Specification" (or "spec" for short). In the old days, it was a Windows Help file in the SDK. 

But with Prepar3D you will find it in your main simulator directory, for example here:

"C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Learning Center.chm"

The part that you are interested in is here: "SDK->Cameras->Camera Configuration". Every parameter that is valid on this platform is described here, including examples about how to use it.

Property: CycleHidden
Type: bool
Range: Yes/No
Description: If Yes, the camera is hidden from view cycling—it does not appear when cycling through views using the keyboard.  
Examples: Facilities Runway( CycleHidden=Yes )  

Best regards
Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Thanks, Lorby, for the extra information.

Jeff

Jeff Smith