Sign in to follow this  
Sirxamoc

Why is this not working?

Have you ever sat down to do something, then to discover that things do not work that used to?  You then start looking on the web for explanations as who else may have had your same problem, only to find crickets to those who may have had your problem but no one responded, especially those that are selling or creating the product that you paid for.

Case in point the Duke 60 I purchased and immediately after loading could not get the gauges to function and the props did not spin, not to mention no sound.  I even contacted RWDesign and nothing.  Three months later I purchased a ToLiss A319 only to have the main landing gear missing and all the doors open. Again I look and I try to see if their is someone else who may have this issue.  NADA!  Finally, this week I have solved both these issues, due to a new issue I had with my autopilot not working on any aircraft I had. Someone suggested I look at my SASL add-on and update it, come to find out my plugin folder had 3 SASL's plugins in it. I removed 2 of them leaving the most current and SHAZAMM! My Duke 60 and my ToLiss A319 worked as they should, but Allais, my autopilot issue I could not fix, After a few days of beating my head against my computer case I finally decided to reinstall X-Plane and all is working as it should.

So here is my recommendation that I imagine most of you already knew:

1. Make a back up of X-Plane folder after you have it first installed and all updates have been made.

2. Be careful with add-ons,  I think the main reason for my problems is I just this spring got into X-Plane and did the old what is the best free add-ons for X-Plane to loaded them all with out checking to see if they had issues with other programs.

3. If you add something, Stop!  First do a test with a couple of planes to see if everything is still working, does the sound still work, do cockpit controls mimick your flight control movements?  Does your mouse on a control do what it is supposed to? Is your graphics doing what they are supposed to? Does your aircraft look like it is supposed to outside and inside?

4. If something is wrong, look at your Add-On folder and see if you have a duplicate of something they may conflict with what was already there.

5. If you have an issue, first uninstall what you just added.  Do another test flight. If the problem is resolved you know there is something specifically with that add-on and here is where you can look and post for an answer.

6. If your test work and all is good, BACKUP your X-plane folder!

By following these steps it may save you a butt load of aggravation!

Edited by Sirxamoc

Turning eighty, I noticed 'several things that do not work as they used to' - fortunately XP11 is doing well. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Sirxamoc said:

come to find out my plugin folder had 3 SASL's plugins in it

Hi,

SASL is not suppposed to be installed in the global Resources/plugins folder. It has to stay inside each aircraft's plugin folder.

Pascal

On 7/12/2018 at 5:06 AM, Pascal_LSGC said:

SASL is not suppposed to be installed in the global Resources/plugins folder. It has to stay inside each aircraft's plugin folder.

That's not necessarily true.  SASL3 also supports global plugins and they most certainly would go in the resources\plugins folder.  With that said, the folder would most likely reflect the name of the project and would not be named "SASL".  Three "SASL" folders should definitely raise one's suspicion.