Sign in to follow this  
tailspin45

Update 1.1

To get the update you have to log in to your Carenado account and download the new installer.

Be sure to save out your sound folder if you're using Shupe's and any files you've tweaked and then move or delete the original install.

You'll need your email address and purchase key, both available on your account page.

Lots of little fixes, the most obvious being the fuel pressure lights and mag switches that seem to work now.

Yay!

Edited by tailspin45

Thanks for the notice--how about the flight dynamics? Did this patch fix improve them?

Were the sounds improved any or must we use our own supplemental sounds? 

I have been waiting for a patch before I pull the so-called purchase trigger.

Raymie

If you replace the default sound folder with the folder from Shupe's Beech 18 it'll sound great. 

Flies the same, near as I can tell, and a lot of the systems still aren't working (e.g. oil cooler, oil shut off, etc have no effect on oil temp) so you won't be challenged to operate her properly, you can just ignore them.

With the replaced sounds and some CFG and AIR mods I'm enjoying the bird

Edited by tailspin45

22 minutes ago, tailspin45 said:

Flies the same, near as I can tell, and a lot of the systems still aren't working (e.g. oil cooler, oil shut off, etc have no effect on oil temp) so you won't be challenged to operate her properly, you can just ignore them.

That's pretty much what I expected--If we want a Beech 18 that must be flown by the book with all of the electrical & engine systems working, then we have to hope that A2A will one day offer this wonderful aircraft. 

Will purchase and be thankful again for individuals like you and other who make available their suggested changes to the cfg. and air files.

I'm not seeing anything about an update on Carenado's page yet. No offense but are you sure it's been updated? I hate to burn a download before I know for sure. Thanks for any info. Is there an update Log?

Edited by Merlin59

Will this convince ya'

NEW VERSION 1.1
CARENADO D18S FSX/P3D

- Fixes a problem with RXP version which had the wobble pump and other objects floating in the cockpit.
- Fixes an issue which kept the Fuel Warning Lights on during flight....
- Fixes an issue with the magnetos, where you couldn't turn off an engine by switching those switches off.
- Minor bugs fixed.

IMPORTANT:
Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

..from their Facebook page.

Cheers
:cool:

--WH

Edited by WarHorse47

No idea why they haven't added it to the update page, peehaps because it's more a reinstall than simply an update. 

Login to your Carenado account and go to downloads. You'll find the link there along with the product key that'll need, too.

Tried it and got it sorted. Thanks a lot for the info. I don't do Facebook so thanks for the update log. I wish they wouldn't assume everybody did and would post this on their website. That's another story I guess though. :) Thanks again!

lt all goes to the concept of customer orientation (or not). Not sure what is going on with them/him. Pity because they do create pretty airplanes.

Just a FYI, certain files weren't updated when I ran the latest 1.1 installer which caused me to get a looping switch sound. After uninstalling the D18 first, then installing 1.1 everything works fine.

Andrew Walker