Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Aerosoft A318/A319 professional Released

20 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Several of our Beta Testers are running Windows 7 and reported no issues with using it.

Best wishes.

I wonder why Aerosoft claim it's not tested on Windows 7 then Dave?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

45 minutes ago, eaim said:

I wonder why Aerosoft claim it's not tested on Windows 7 then Dave?

It is a nice way to say that WIN10 is not a minimum requirement but at the same time we do not fully support WIN7 SP1 induced problems as all the support staff is on WIN10.

This was the marketing department winning an internal battle. 

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Several of our Beta Testers are running Windows 7 and reported no issues with using it.

Best wishes.

Thank you Dave.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Home watching Chewwy, Yes the VNAV is WIP he hit TOD and had a v speed going upto -6300 all on this list  to do.

I saw that as well and found it odd as well. Reminded me of PSS.

7 hours ago, Flyer024 said:

Actually this part of the VNAV is not really WiP.

The real bus will also do that when using DES in the higher FL’s. But yes, it should not do that all the time. 

The VNAV WiP part has more to do with the approaches and STAR’s and speed restrictions, as stated by Mathijs. It will sometimes not make a speed restriction or be at a constraint too early. 

I wonder if that route chewy flew can also be tested with FSL A319. Even though both aircrafts are not in same league, the VNAV behaviour should be similar right? If both addons produce steep descent under managed conditions then we will know our answer.

I am no expert in Airbus behaviour.

Bilal Asif Khan

Boy do I get tired of the FSL or nothing crowd.  When you have an actual license and job flying an Airbus, then I may care just a touch.  Otherwise, Aerosoft has done a nice job that most of us will enjoy at a fair price and no DRM.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, diajohn said:

Boy do I get tired of the FSL or nothing crowd

What on earth are you on about ? I see nothing in this thread that you are implying. Good grief, chill out man.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

11 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Home watching Chewwy, Yes the VNAV is WIP he hit TOD and had a v speed going upto -6300 all on this list  to do.

How can you release an airbus where the managed descent is fubar.   Did he have a medical onboard descending that much!!! Brilliant. ASR incoming!!! 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, biloo said:

I wonder if that route chewy flew can also be tested with FSL A319. Even though both aircrafts are not in same league, the VNAV behaviour should be similar right? If both addons produce steep descent under managed conditions then we will know our answer.

I am no expert in Airbus behaviour.

As I already said, the RW bus has a tendency to do this when using DES in the higher FLs (say above FL330). Every RW small bus driver knows this and therefor mostly uses VS for the first part as it is not condidered good airmanship by many to plunge down. It is not nice for the pax and you may fly outside your TCAS envelope. Does it happen all the time in RW? No, but the A319 is even more prone to it. 

FSL did a superb rendition of the Airbus A319 and A320 but one thing I must say here. If you start to compare anything with the assumption that the FSL is 100% like the real thing than you are wrong. In the end we are talking videogames here. It is like playing Fifa on your PS4 and telling Pitchfork he should have acted differently because it worked in the game. 

Cheers, 

Frank, 6500hr RW Airbus pilot

• Like 6

I get it once the sp1 is out and the shared flightdeck is available. Shame i was looking forward to that. Roll on the 330 now. 

Ps at my place when we see an aircraft on flight radar or sita descending at 6500 a minute we normally call up the airport / ground handler for either a cardiac ambulance, or some buses and hotels for the punters and await the acars from the crew telling us what's going on

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

I love the new Airbus...as soon i realized that the bundle was also for purchase, i plunged into the right for the future A320/321, and got my shiny baby A318...updated navi, littlenavmap...downloaded the 4.3 Activesky...and as the small download ended, fired it up, in the night skies of Thessaloniki...LGTS to LGAV, where some of my more expensive addons this year failed to follow the lnav, or vnav...my new shiny, full of colors, power and functions bus, from 23000 on ablo1p, descended to 03R graciously without me having to adjust nothing but the flaps, and the gear down....-29 Landing Rate on ProjectFly...and i am a very very happy customer, that i trusted and followed the right developer, the right bus, and my hunch that is mostly right, for Olympus and the Gods are on your watch Aerosoft, Well Done. Bravo, you have released the King of the Buses, for a King is always modest and never or seldom pompous...Bravo!

• Upvote 1

Teo Koutslas

3 hours ago, diajohn said:

Boy do I get tired of the FSL or nothing crowd.  When you have an actual license and job flying an Airbus, then I may care just a touch.  Otherwise, Aerosoft has done a nice job that most of us will enjoy at a fair price and no DRM.

What are you talking about?!

Oh well - there's no point in debating it - but if that's your conclusion of the this thread, the just continue with your little theory... 

Good luck with that... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, tooting said:

How can you release an airbus where the managed descent is fubar.   

You have to ask the Airbus Group that, they sell the real deal with that “feature”. 

I get it once the sp1 is out and the shared flightdeck is available. Shame i was looking forward to that. Roll on the 330 now. 

It was communicated very early on and openly in the AS forums that the CFD will be part of SP1. It will be a game changer and we are looking forward to seeing it in use with the general public. 

Ps at my place when we see an aircraft on flight radar or sita descending at 6500 a minute we normally call up the airport / ground handler for either a cardiac ambulance, or some buses and hotels for the punters and await the acars from the crew telling us what's going on

Now you know what those pilots at your company do. They intervene when they see the autoflight system doing something stupid. Only simmers think that VNAV on RW aircraft are some magical devices that always work correctly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Flyer024 said:

"You have to ask the Airbus Group that, they sell the real deal with that “feature”. "

Dont know whats wrong with the Managed Mode, on our Airbusses it behaves well, if you are not missing your profile...

As I work in the Flight Safety Department I can tell you 90% is the human component that failed, garbage in, garbage out.

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

Amazing!!!

So the new Aerosoft Airbus, has SO realistic system simulation and realism depth, that it's actually simulated with quirks and bugs from software used on the real aircraft?! 

Wow!

(Come on, man...!)

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

People are rightly concerned after the crj mess I think. I know I am. If it models the real world that much the rad alts should fail every 10 flights,!!! 

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png